Need Help Identifying Random-PEG-PPG

Homeboy

I had some water lube (used for water injection in performance engines) sent to a lab to be analyzed. I wanted to try to reproduce it. I was told they found this in it: poly (random-ethylenglycol-propyleneglycol) butyl ether (random-PEG-PPG) (~1100 center mass). I'm having a hard time finding anything like this close to that center mass. Is there a simpler term, or way to communicate to someone what I'm trying to find? And where would be the best place to locate and purchase? Any help would be very appreciated. My background is automotive, and I'm struggling locating suppliers. I'm not even 100% sure I can purchase it.

Edited by Homeboy

• 2 weeks later...

It's a lubricant. It bring the proper viscosity, plus several desired properties more. In PEG hydraulic oils, they have to add surfactants.

That's why I'm not enthusiastic about "reproducing" the water lube. The analysis has missed all additives, which are vital for a lubricant:

- Anticorrosion agents

- Wetting agents

- Antifoaming agents

... and more!

Putting only some PEG-PPG in water will achieve the viscosity and the viscosity index (good with PEG), only. The engine is likely to fail within few weeks, say by corrosion.

I feel safer to use a PEG-based hydraulic oil with the same viscosity. Some brake fluids are of this type. At least, it will have the additives to work as a lubricant. Things like "hydrolub".