Posting from an iPad

These days I am occasionally reading and posting on SFN via my iPad. However, I am having problems with the posting. When I click, or rather tap, on the text box at the bottom, I get no keyboard coming up like I would do on most sites. Therefore I cannot post. The same thing happens with tapping reply - I get a box with the quote in but no way of inputing my own content.

I am actually posting this message from my iPad, because I realized if I choose the style IP.Board Mobile, then Afind everything works ok. I get a keyboard and can post normally. However, it isn't a very functional style and I would much rather browse on my iPad, which has a reasonable size screen, with a non-mobile style.

I wonder if there is just a bit of code in the mobile style which could be copied to the normal styles in order to pop up the keyboard for iPad posters?

Cap'n brought this to my attention. I am working on an iPad specific icon at least. As for the rest, I'm not sure.. probably javascript problems (CSS problems shouldn't affect the keyboard popping up).

Cap'n, if you need help figuring it out, let me know, but I don't have an iPad, so it might be hard testing. Of course, if SFN wants to donate an iPad for testing purposes, I won't say no B)

[smug android user]Works on my android in the stock browser and Dolphin HD[/smug android user]

This is the reason people (including browser developers) should stick to standards, I'm a big fan of standards they make everyones lives better, I don't find that when I buy a USB cable and plug it into my computer the terminals are wired differently depending on who I buy the cable from...

I just upgraded my G1 (Android, first edition) phone to the new myTouch 3G Slide (Android again, of course). I'm not the least bit sorry, I *love* Android, and though it still isn't COMPLETELY on the same level as iPhone, it's gettting there, and fast.

That said, in the spirit of being a science-oriented forum, I shall supply the reference for ydoaPs claim, and yet point out that the survey (ahem) was about number of sexual partners, and not sexual activity per say. Hence, one can simply deduce that Android users are monogamist, while iPhone users are.. well.. wh*res. Severian breaks the mold on that, by his earlier admission and by the fact he's married.

ydoaPs, however, is supposed to have 10 iPhones, 13 iPads and 235 iPods to avoid breaking the statistics.

500x_sexandsmartphonesbyage500_01.jpg

500x_sexandsmartphones500_01.jpg

Source: http://www.talkandroid.com/10068-survey-android-users-have-less-sex-than-iphone-users/

(there are more)

~moo

This is a known bug:

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=24561

If you don't mind typing in BBCode, you can go to your settings and uncheck "Enable visual (RTE) editor?" and it should work.

This is a test.

Yes, turning off RTE fixed it. Thanks.

Edit: and I suppose I am a statistical anomaly since I have only had one sexual partner despite having both an iPhone and an iPad. I don't like sex much. (Apple will probably come around to my home to confiscate them now.)

Edited by Severian

This is a test.

Yes, turning off RTE fixed it. Thanks.

Edit: and I suppose I am a statistical anomaly since I have only had one sexual partner despite having both an iPhone and an iPad. I don't like sex much. (Apple will probably come around to my home to confiscate them now.)

Hope this gets fixed in the future version -- the rich text editor can be handy.

If you're going to give up your iPhone and iPad, I wouldn't mind if you sent them along. I could use the help.