Brightest burning common material

jutntog1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, what is used in flashbang grenades then?

Very easy indeed.

For very white flash bang grenades:

Add a cup of corn oil to 4 cups of corn and a tea-spoonful of common salt.

Heat in an open pan while mixing thoroughly, using a wooden spoon at arms length.

Get ready to dodge the small white flash bangs. :D

Most flash powders were based on magnesium and potassium perchlorate, which gave a light rich in blue and UV, suitable for early emulsions that were only sensitive in these regions, but when orthochromatic and panchromatic plates became popular, strontium and barium salts were often added to increase the amount of green and red light. Other metals such as aluminium, zinc, cerium, zirconium and thorium were also used at times in place of magnesium; aluminium gave slower combustion and the cerium mixtures less smoke.

They are still very hazardous. :eek:

Modern Xenon stroboscopic flash bulbs are the best if it was photography that was originally intended.

i guess i should have read the thread more carefully, im not posting lies. a haldf a kilogram of magnesium and a liter of silver nitrate burt a shadow ontot he wall... i have pictures i can email or send via mail. they arent my shadow but its a flash burn

im very sorry about all this its hard not to exaggerate whne you are online. im just 13 and want to be noticed:D

i guess i should have read the thread more carefully' date=' im not posting lies. a haldf a kilogram of magnesium and a liter of silver nitrate burt a shadow ontot he wall... i have pictures i can email or send via mail. they arent my shadow but its a flash burn

im very sorry about all this its hard not to exaggerate whne you are online. im just 13 and want to be noticed:D[/quote']

Was there any ammonia smell by any chance near your alleged experiment?

hey EL, i think i hit reply, and then lat my computer idle and came back a few minutes later, meanwhile, you replied, and i clicked submit, so everything got screwed up.

I was replying to AKcapr's post.

OK "hygroscopic acid" that explains it then. :D

Im not very fond of being called a hydroscopic acid EL. :-(

Now that i think about it, i am very hydroscopic ( i can create water where there is none (i.e. the sugar +H2SO4 reaction)).

hydroscopic means absorbing water, not making it. and by the way derek, flash bangs are like grenade type things that dont fragment but just make a bright flash and alot of noise which cops use to like "stun" ppl for a while like right before entering a room.

Im not very fond of being called a hydroscopic acid EL. :-(

Now that i think about it' date=' i am very hydroscopic ( i can create water where there is none (i.e. the sugar +H2SO4 reaction)).[/quote']

LOL. Not hydroscopic, it is hygroscopic because H2SO4 is a hygroscopic acid that is very thirsty to water.

In Lab, we used to make it like a mantra:

Never add water to Conc. H2SO4, always add Conc. H2SO4 to water.

Did you get it? :D

N. B. Never meant to hurt your delicate acidic feelings. :)