quantum randomness the observer and free will

farolero

in the other thread we are discussing what collapses the wave function in the double slit experiment

ive been told that its collapsed by the measure instrument

i agree with this but a measure instrument has an implicit observation of the measurement results

how could you know the wave function has been collapsed if you dont observe the results, maybe it hasnt and you dont know you can not know for sure

so if we take its the observer ultimately whom collapses the wave function seems to have been a choice of left or right slit

but this is a problem to explain common reality, what if there are two observers and one collapses wave function so the photon goes through left slit and the other collapses it going trhough right

this is not problem if the choice is negative you dont chose what slit goes through you chose what slit does not go through

so the choices of the observer in the double slit experiment are:

it does not go through left slit it does not go through right slit it does not go through neither slit

then there would be not problem to explain consensual reality as each single person choice

in square root of two decimals in base 27 are contained in the vein of the eternal typing monkeys all books stories and variations of them like borges explains in his babel library where all posible books are contained

maybe your familiar with the forum stories where each poster posts a sentence and a story appears

well in the case of sqaure root of two as a paralelism with the many worlds each observer would edit out sentences of the book square root of two

the deleting allowance is infinite for sqaure root of two is infinite

the story thats left after huge and eternal editions would be a story that tells exactly this consensual reality we live in

of course the editions are made by the subcouncious

so free will would be the most powerfull force of the universe with the power to destroy a whole universe and karma would be the subcouncious will we have for ourselves with no better judge than the self

a man choses his own luck

in the other thread we are discussing what collapses the wave function in the double slit experiment

ive been told that its collapsed by the measure instrument

i agree with this but a measure instrument has an implicit observation of the measurement results

I assume you mean conscious observation of the results?

Not necessarily.

The extension of that logic is that the universe was in an indeterminate state until consciousness arose to observe it and collapse all the waveforms. It is hard to imagine how consciousness could arise in that case.

The Schroedinger's Cat thought experiment was devised to show how silly this interpretation is.

but this is a problem to explain common reality, what if there are two observers and one collapses wave function so the photon goes through left slit and the other collapses it going trhough right

this is not problem if the choice is negative you dont chose what slit goes through you chose what slit does not go through

so the choices of the observer in the double slit experiment are:

it does not go through left slit it does not go through right slit it does not go through neither slit

I don't know how an observer can choose which slit it goes through. Other than placing the source right in front of a single slit or blocking one slit. In which case you don't have a double-slit experiment.

What you can do is (in various ways) detect which slit the photon went through. Which changes the results. There is no need for anyone (conscious or otherwise) to look at the which-slit measurement; just the act of doing it changes the result even if no one looks at it.

in square root of two decimals in base 27 are contained in the vein of the eternal typing monkeys all books stories and variations of them like borges explains in his babel library where all posible books are contained

maybe your familiar with the forum stories where each poster posts a sentence and a story appears

well in the case of sqaure root of two as a paralelism with the many worlds each observer would edit out sentences of the book square root of two

the deleting allowance is infinite for sqaure root of two is infinite

the story thats left after huge and eternal editions would be a story that tells exactly this consensual reality we live in

of course the editions are made by the subcouncious

so free will would be the most powerfull force of the universe with the power to destroy a whole universe and karma would be the subcouncious will we have for ourselves with no better judge than the self

a man choses his own luck

Can I suggest that you don't post when stoned in future.

Your posts have little enough value as it is. When you post incoherent drivel like this it cancels out any minimal value.

If not posting when high means you never post again, then that is OK too.

!

Moderator Note

moved to Speculations.

You have been told a few times that the role of the observer is not a involved as you wish to think it is - if you want to continue in this vein you will have to be rigorous in your argument and abide by the rules of the Speculation Forum. If you merely wish to assert what you reckon is the case - then there is no place for that here; this is a Science Forum.

well i guess this rightly belongs in speculations for its my personal interpretation of the wave function collapse

i really appreciate you still allow discussion on it under your norms

how does it being stoned make wrong, which btw youre confusing madness with being stoned, my state is natural i need no drugs for it

your point is a fallacy call ad homine

your crazy hence youre wrong and you should shut up

if i search the number in base 27 hello in square root of two it will be somewhere and being sqaure root of two irrationally infinite i can search for as big number as i want, a number even as big as a midnight summer dream

it should be there somewhere

this is a paralelism with the wave function where all posibilities exist

my point is that the reader of square root of two(the observer of the world) as everybody else has the free will to delete the parts he doesnt like

again a man makes his own luck, concretely a man subcouncious

how does it being stoned make wrong, which btw youre confusing madness with being stoned, my state is natural i need no drugs for it

your point is a fallacy call ad homine

I didn't say it was wrong, so not an ad hominem.

I just said it was incoherent and nearly impossible to make sense of. It also has no apparent connection to the subject of the thread.

if i search the number in base 27 hello in square root of two it will be somewhere and being sqaure root of two irrationally infinite i can search for as big number as i want, a number even as big as a midnight summer dream

Why base 27? What you are saying would be true in any base.

If it were true. It would only be true if root 2 is normal. It is not known whether it is normal or not and hence it may or may not be true.

this is a paralelism with the wave function where all posibilities exist

I guess it must take a particularly sort of disordered thinking to see a connection.

my point is that the reader of square root of two(the observer of the world) as everybody else has the free will to delete the parts he doesnt like

If you delete the parts of root 2 you don't like, then it will no longer be the square root of 2.

again a man makes his own luck, concretely a man subcouncious

That I agree with (though it can be conscious or unconscious). Even though it has no apparent connection to anything else you have said.