• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elli1406

elli1406

Lepton

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 5 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I am looking for modern science fiction films (1995-today) that use aspects of the relativity theory. Interstellar is already in my list. I am thankful for every recommendation.

#2 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,221 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 5 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

You took the one that immediately leaps to mind. Sci-fi conveniently ignores relativity most of the time. (The only other one I can think of that even pays lip service to it is outside of your time-line, being Planet of the Apes, and they credit the idea to a fictional character)

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

#3 Bender

Bender

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 5 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Star Trek's warp drive warps space to allow superluminal speeds, if that is the kind of thing you are looking for.

I remember an episode of Star Gate where a team is caught near a black hole and the extreme time dilatation causes them to apparently freeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users