Genecks Conumdrum

In a prior discussion on the theory of everything, Genecks questioned whether or not consciousness is reducible. Although Genecks resolved it was not, it was a fascinating question that garnered few responses, which I though we might engage further here. If I understand correctly, Genecks views existence as a manifestation of consciousness and posits the non-existence of gravity without consciousness as an example. Rather than in the Theoretical Physics Forum where this discussion originated, I believe a thread here in neuroscience might yield more substantive discussion of this question. As the only testable example of a true consciousness producing structure, the human brain and it functional matrix definitively suggest that consciousness is, at the very least, reducible to constituent components. If this is your interest, I welcome your thoughts.

Genecks views existence as a manifestation of consciousness and posits the non-existence of gravity without consciousness

This seems to follow the same formulation as, "if a tree falls in a forest and nobody's around to hear, does it make a sound?"

To which the obvious answer is yes, unless you restrict the definition of sound to "only those things processed as audible by human brains."

the human brain and it functional matrix definitively suggest that consciousness is, at the very least, reducible to constituent components.

I tend to agree, in much the same way that sound is a vibration traveling through a medium as described above.

This seems to follow the same formulation as, "if a tree falls in a forest and nobody's around to hear, does it make a sound?"

To which the obvious answer is yes, unless you restrict the definition of sound to "only those things processed as audible by human brains."

I tend to agree, in much the same way that sound is a vibration traveling through a medium as described above.

Indeed, I recall wondering why it was ever a question.