Technical review of written material

I am currently writing a book on neurophysiology. I have completed a first chapter (which is not chapter 1) which is entitled "Action Potentials, Voltage-gated Ion Channels and Concentration Gradients in Nerve Cells". The chapter was peer reviewed for grammar and continuity, however; I am having difficulty knowing where to submit the chapter for a technical review. I am not sure if this is the proper place, but it seemed like a good start. Can anyone here help? I have attached a zip of the pdf in case anyone can help. The target audience are those that have completed a semester or two of physiology and chemistry.

If this is not the correct place then please excuse my ignorance and advise of an alternate site.

Sincere appreciation

John Springer

VoltageGatedIonChans_ForProofReading.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Why bother?

There are a lot of neurobiology texts already. If you want me to look at this more seriously, I want you to compare and contrast your text with other sources. AKA Why should I care?

For instance, I wrote a blog entry on IR spectra because whenever I started reading someone's view of what IR spectra is about and how to "learn" it, it hardcore sucked. It didn't take enough consideration of the audience member. Total noob, strapped for time, etc..

I reckon you're better off helping Wikipedia.

Reading it, I like the analogies. But, I think you're wasting your time and talent. If I'm being managerial, I'd take you and tell you to go figure out what people are having a hard time learning in neurophysiology, collect that data, and find a way to enhance learning in those more difficult topics.

I guess I'm telling you to abandon the project.

Edited by Genecks

Fame and fortune are always valid reasons to do something. Entirely possible to write a book and put it up for free as well for that matter.

I would probably look at finding a local contact and if not that then perhaps corresponding with someone at a University. Contact information tends to be fairly easy to find for faculty.