H=16, step inside...

revprez

I'm curious, what math and physics materials are you working through?

The Sagnac Effect - This basically is the current focus on Special Relativity effects. The Sagnac effect basically destroys special relativity but committed SR theorists die hard, you see?

Something tells me you are novice at this level of physics. Maybe I'm wrong, it has happened before; once in the third grade I was wrong about something. It was no big deal, maybe not. But you are here which indicates an interest,

If you want to cheat a bit and take a giant step into the real woirld of professional physics the Sagnac effect is a perfect place to start, simple actually.

I suggest you read the following links at least read the first one firsr, Google on sagbnac effect when you run out of material, this is how I got the links for you.in the order presented. If you stumble on a word or phrase search the internet with a google machine. It will all be developed for you.

'>http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s2-07/2-07.htm

This is what I have been working on, what about you?

Geistkiesel
:cool:

Something tells me you are novice at this level of physics. Maybe I'm wrong' date=' it has happened before; once in the third grade I was wrong about something. It was no big deal, maybe not. But you are here which indicates an interest,

If you want to cheat a bit and take a giant step into the real woirld of professional physics the Sagnac effect is a perfect place to start, simple actually.

[/quote']

World of professional physics? Am I to assume by this that you are paid to do physics work?

Swansont' date='

You may assume anything you desire, be it realistic or otherwise, after all. you are an SR theorist aren't you?[/quote']

No, I am not. I am an experimentalist, and the nature of my work uses relativity. Thus I am in the world of professional physicists, and I was wondering if you were misrepresenting yourself, by claiming to know what goes on on the real world of professional physics.

Unlike many of the dime-a-dozen members of the anti-relativity crowd, many actual physicists build things that rely on relativity being right, and these things work. The proof of the pudding, as it were.

I'm curious, what math and physics materials are you working through?

Material I'm reading at the moment:

"Classical Mechanics"- TWB Kibble

"Geometrical methods of Mathematical Physics"- B. Schutz

"A first course in General Relativity"- B. Schutz

"Mathematical methods for Physics and Engineering"- Riley et al

"Lebesgue Integration and Measure"- Weir

"Real and Complex Analysis"- Rudin

(I've almost finished the 3rd and 4th books in the list.) I'm also doing some revision of Abstract Algebra; after which I'm going to move onto some advanced Eletromagnetism, Quantum Mechanics (for which the last and first books are principally a requisite) and then advanced GR. So basically I'm teaching myself physics undergrad course with some grad stuff thrown in. Want to know anything else?

Material I'm reading at the moment:

"Classical Mechanics"- TWB Kibble

"Geometrical methods of Mathematical Physics"- B. Schutz

"A first course in General Relativity"- B. Schutz

"Mathematical methods for Physics and Engineering"- Riley et al

"Lebesgue Integration and Measure"- Weir

"Real and Complex Analysis"- Rudin

(I've almost finished the 3rd and 4th books in the list.) I'm also doing some revision of Abstract Algebra; after which I'm going to move onto some advanced Eletromagnetism' date=' Quantum Mechanics (for which the last and first books are principally a requisite) and then advanced GR. So basically I'm teaching myself physics undergrad course with some grad stuff thrown in. Want to know anything else?[/quote']

That's a good list.

Regards

That's a good list.

Regards

Yeah, they're all excellent books. I tried to choose those which were the most lucid and informative so that I could learn those subjects of most interest and build up to QFT etc. Anybody know any good texts on QFT and string theory?

I assume from the thread title that this thread was aimed at me, Rev. Any particular motive behind your curiosity?

The Sagnac Effect - This basically is the current focus on Special Relativity effects. The Sagnac effect basically destroys special relativity but committed SR theorists die hard, you see?

Wow, you're not H=16, are you?

Something tells me you are novice at this level of physics. Maybe I'm wrong, it has happened before; once in the third grade I was wrong about something. It was no big deal, maybe not.

Something tells me you were wrong a lot more times than that.

Rev Prez

I am, any particular reason why you wanted to know, Rev?

Just curious. I'm working through mostly lecture notes and some homework problems.

BTW, Latex isn't working for me. It seems to be doing fine for everybody else, but I'm getting "[LaTeX Error: couldn't open URL]" on all machines. Anybody got a clue as to what's going on?

Rev Prez

BTW' date=' Latex isn't working for me. It seems to be doing fine for everybody else, but I'm getting "[LaTeX Error: couldn't open URL']" on all machines. Anybody got a clue as to what's going on?

Rev Prez

I started getting that the other day.