what causes heterosexuality?

Buddha

I have seen all those 'heterosexual' men discussing so-called 'homosexuality' and its causes throwing all kinds of statements, abandoning the board when engaged in a discussion on this question?

It quite exposes them --- rather the whole heterosexual society.

So here is my challenge to all of you that are part of this heterosexual social order --- and this includes homosexuals, feminists etc.

What do you think causes heterosexuality?

On a Geography field trip to a farm I remember a question and answer session with the farmer

Q: "why do some of your cows have a splodge of paint on the bums?")

A: "Those are the cows that are ready for mating"

Q: "well how do you know they are ready?"

A: "Ahhh well thats where it gets a little difficult, we dont know with large herds, and they dont all come into readiness at the same time, but you see, when a cow is ready others in the herd will try and mount her, sometimes we can see this happen but most times we dont, so we put a red dye on the underside of each cow, so that when one of them is ready the others mounting her will leave a red patch on her rear end. That way we can clearly see which ones are ready to be mated and which ones aren't."

It would seem that homosexuality isn't just a thing of humans, whether the farmer was on the wind up I have no idea, but it made sence to me.

Other than that? I have no idea, maybe its natures way of ensuring the world doesn't become over populated :confused:

I'm not sure what is the best way to deal with this one.

The chromosomes in males and females are different.

Males have testosterone

Females oestrogen.

Some species require sexual reproduction, some don’t.

How much of masculinity/femininity is genetic versus socially absorbed?

What are the latest tests re gender as far as physiological structures are concerned.

Are all men lesbians trapped in a mans body.

questions questions.

Once we determine the chemical reasons that a sexual attraction exists in the first place, it should be possible to locate the chemical difference between homo and heteral sexual people that influences their behaviour.

I'm not sure what is the best way to deal with this one.

Males have testosterone

Females oestrogen.

but as far as i know, men have a little bit of progesteron and women have a bit of hormon androgen...

What do you think causes heterosexuality?

Well it would start with recognising the differences between men and women, and I'm not sure if that's understood neurologically.

Males have testosterone

Females oestrogen.

im pretty sure that the y chromosome doesnt do anything after we leave the womb, and in females one of the x chromosomes shuts itself down, so both men and women prettymuch have just one functioning x chromosome, to all extentes and purposes.

oestrogen is the precursor to testosterone, so both men and women posess it (its just the quantities that are different)

im pretty sure that the y chromosome doesnt do anything after we leave the womb

The Y chromosome's genes are still transcribed after birth, they're needed to make functioning sperm for example.

erm sry to interrupt guys but isn't HETEROsexuality a straight guy/woman? an HOMO sexuality gay/lesbian aint it? after all heteros means opposite and homos means same right? i may be wrong its just i don't understand wat u guys mean lol

Well if you folks won’t go for the blender idea….

Is the core question here:

Is Heterosexuality Physiological, Psychological or

to what extent a mix and

to what proportion.

( I still say bring out the blender. ) :mad:

erm sry to interrupt guys but isn't HETEROsexuality a straight guy/woman? an HOMO sexuality gay/lesbian aint it? after all heteros means opposite and homos means same right? i may be wrong its just i don't understand wat u guys mean lol

Yes,

don’t worry, your Latin is good.

We are just playing with the words,

as the person who started this thread wished us to view it form that perspective.