Ram

akcapr

how do i imporve my computers RAM from 300 something to the good 500 something?

your going to have to be more specific. are you talking about speed or size?

if size, then you figure out what speed your stuff is and go buy more of it.

if speed then you need to make sure your motherboard can handle it and then go buy faster stuff.(and remove your slower stuff)

yeah, what are you talking about?

I mean, 300 doesn't appear in RAM... maybe 333MHz is the closest to 300 I can think of, speed and size, not 300!

As always though, just make sure your motherboard supports it.

could "akcapr" be referring to DDR300 / DDR400?

just an idea!

Maybe' date=' that's what I thought at 1st, except that it is more usually DDR333, any yes there's DDR400 but he mentioned 300 (and 500, DDR500 does exist).

But then the refresh rate really isn't the most important thing, whilst obviously still part of the hardware, people are generally more concerned about how much RAM they have, like 128, 256, 512, 1024 [i'](aka 1GB)[/i] MB.

Could be, just as likely 384MB as 333MHz..... lets wait and see if he comes back!

As AlexT said, just buy more and (as I say) make sure it's compatable with your motherboard and any old RAM you may be pairing it with.

yer "5614" you're most probably right, it would probably be best we wait for the person to reply now....

obviously the answer to their problem is though, that they require more RAM, be it faster RAM, or just more of the same speed.