Silly Question ?

Guest mrhelichoppe

Guest mrhelichoppe

Its my first post on here so I hope I don't get a hard time for such a silly question.

We were discussing the moon landings at work today and the usual opinions of conspiracy theories etc came up. One question however left me wondering. Why Have there not been any photographs taken, by independant parties, of the landing sites and the landers that have been left on the surface by the apollo missions ? Is it that earth based telescopes do not have the resolution or that no probes with cameras have been sent ?

Like I said Its probably a silly question so I hope I don't get a hard time for posting it.

Many thanks Lee :)

I believe that there were some astronauts that brought their own cameras (vague memory from the history channel, any confirmation?) but I don't think that a Nations Space program has sent an independent photographer into space (no one else has sent people into space) and I doubt they would spend money on sending someone into spacewho doesn't work for them.

Why not? They could be invalid. There is no proof to prove either theory."

Did you even read the link provided? There is proof against the myths that surround the conspiracy theories of the moon landing. Also if your going to make a comment like that you should always provide evidence as to why the rational explainations about moonlanding consipracies "could be invalid".

~Scott

Guest mrhelichoppe

Thanks for the replies. Great link very interesting but unfortunately no reasons for the lack of photographs of the lunar landers. I must say though although I was never a believer of the conspiracy theories, if I were, the web site would would certainly convince me otherwise.

Lee

Great link very interesting but unfortunately no reasons for the lack of photographs of the lunar landers.

I think the lack of commuter routes to the moon is a pretty good indicator as to why there are no third party snaps out there.

Search this very site for lunar conspiracy threads - there are a couple of quite long ones.

Guest mrhelichoppe

thanks srh and Ollie great links really interesting stuff...silly me I should have searched for Sky@Night great show.

Thanks Sayonara "I think the lack of commuter routes to the moon is a pretty good indicator as to why there are no third party snaps out there." very constructive...I never thought of that...why post such a thing when I was asking a genuine question?

Thanks for those that posted nice and genuine replies and like I said sorry for the silly question.

thanks srh and Ollie great links really interesting stuff...silly me I should have searched for Sky@Night great show.

Thanks Sayonara "I think the lack of commuter routes to the moon is a pretty good indicator as to why there are no third party snaps out there." very constructive...I never thought of that...why post such a thing when I was asking a genuine question?

Thanks for those that posted nice and genuine replies and like I said sorry for the silly question.

Silly question? Where?

I thought it was something to seriously think about.

Neither is there need to apologize for a silly question nor was that one silly. In fact, I consider it one of the more interesting questions I´ve seen lately and the links are really nice. Generally, the only question that I can think of now that people here feel bothered by are the "can you give me the answers for my homework?"-ones. But try to stay away from silly claims (state them in the form of a question ;) ).

Welcome to this forum, btw.

Perhaps you just don't have an eye for subtlety.

Can you not think of any reasons why a photographer might want to get closer to the moon in order to snap a picture of the lunar landing sites?

Did you search the site as I suggested? This question has already been discussed thoroughly.