One woman told me that she suffers from or has color blindness, but her parents and children don't suffer from or have color blindness at all

user name

One woman told me that she suffers from or has color blindness, but her parents and children don't suffer from or have color blindness at all. She said that she doesn't know why and/or how this happened to her and asked me why and/or how only she was born with color blindess and all the others not. I didn't know what to tell her at the moment. I also told her that I don't know too, because I really don't know why and/or how this happened to her, but I also really wonder why and/or how this happened to her too. What should I tell her otherwise? How really should I answer her question? What do you know? What do you think? What is your knowledge and/or opinion about her story? Does the color blindness can be possibly a X linked recessive?

Edited by user name

It is most commonly an X-linked recessive. If she only has female children, that's probably the explanation. If she has male children, they would necessarily have colorblindness as well if it was from an X-linked mutation, so it may be something else in that case.