Day sleeping

I don't think these has been done before.

Why do people generally have problems with sleeping during the day. I know that it is dark at night and we are used to sleeping at night but if a person is really really tired why do they find it hard to go to sleep in the middle of the day?

I know a lot people will say that they don't have a problem with sleeping during the day but many do have this problem (well, i do anyway!).

Personally i find this is what happens.

I stay up all night to do this crappy report and i hand it in at ten in the morning. So i'm recked tired and i decide to try and get some sleep. I close the blinds so it is as dark as it would be at night time. however i can't get my brain to stop thinking and i can't relax. eventually i get too warm and i just have to get up again.

Is it just a mental thing?

No, it's your circadian rhythm. Humans along with many animals and plants have developed a natural daily cycle. During wakefulness, your brain produces different chemicals than when asleep. These chemical releases are set by an internal clock, the effects of which are difficult to override. Check out the Wiki link which can explain better than I.

i'm nocturnal. i have trouble sleeping during the night, no matter how long iv been awake for, and can usualy sleep during the day even if iv not been awake for very long, ie i have a sleep rythm that is completely the inverse of the norm. dus that mean my circadian rythm is working, but confused as to when i should be awake and asleep?

stupid circadian rythm :mad: