New technologies

In 2008, the LHC should confirm the existence of the Higgs boson. The accelerator is a circular type. The accelerated particles move in a circle until they reach sufficient energy. The particle track is bent into a circle using dipole magnets. The advantage of circular accelerators over linacs is that components can be reused to accelerate the particles further, as the particle passes a given point many times. However they suffer a disadvantage in that the particles emit synchrotron radiation.

However the machine will barely touch the lower-limit that is placed on the decoupling energy associated with gravitons & dark energy particles.

In order to test for future theories of gravitation we'll have to reach energies 1,000 to 1,000,000 times higher than the LHC can, that is 10 PeV to 10 EeV.

For the very difficult task, new technologies will have to be developed over particle accelerators. Currently it's not possible to make such a difficult prediction but what kind of technology do you think could be used?

I think if there's one lesson of history and technology, it's that you can't predict new technologies with much success.

When superconductors above liquid Helium temperatures were discovered, it was predicted that we'd have room-temperature superconductors and maglev trains everywhere. Nuclear power was going to be too cheap to meter. Fusion was right around the corner. Flying cars. People would be living on the moon.

In 2008, the LHC should confirm the existence of the Higgs boson.

I heard reason to believe that there is no Higgs boson.

I might be mistaken, but some physicist figured something out, which implied they don't exist. The large hadron collider (LHC) is in france isn't it?

Regards

In order to test for future theories of gravitation we'll have to reach energies 1' date='000 to 1,000,000 times higher than the LHC can, that is 10 PeV to 10 EeV.

For the very difficult task, new technologies will have to be developed over particle accelerators. Currently it's not possible to make such a difficult prediction but what kind of technology do you think could be used?[/quote']

Just out of curiousity, what theory of gravity are you referring to?

As for new technologies, I think whatever you are hoping for, will not be figured out at random. Some formula which no one knows right now, has to be developed, and from that formula, a new idea might emerge. Just one thought.

Regards

PS: The formula will most likely have something to do with superconductivity.

I think if there's one lesson of history and technology, it's that you can't predict new technologies with much success. When superconductors above liquid Helium temperatures were discovered, it was predicted that we'd have room-temperature superconductors and maglev trains everywhere. Nuclear power was going to be too cheap to meter. Fusion was right around the corner. Flying cars. People would be living on the moon.

Our predictions usually take longer than expected. Unfortunately, the only things which can be predicted very accurately are astronomical events.

I heard reason to believe that there is no Higgs boson.

I might be mistaken' date=' but some physicist figured something out, which implied they don't exist. The large hadron collider (LHC) is in france isn't it?

Regards[/quote']

The LHC will be in CERN, switzerland. The machine will be ready for use in 2008. In 2001 they didn't found any evidence for the Higgs boson but most physicists believe it's not because there is none, it's the machine which is not powerful enough.

Just out of curiousity, what theory of gravity are you referring to?

Quantum gravity predicts the existance of gravitons, the mediator of the gravitational force. Another thing, which is much more speculative i'd say, are new particles which could be the dark energy.

As for new technologies, I think whatever you are hoping for, will not be figured out at random. Some formula which no one knows right now, has to be developed, and from that formula, a new idea might emerge. Just one thought.

PS: The formula will most likely have something to do with superconductivity.

Regards

I'm also skeptical about the Higgs boson. If the particle does not exist, this will be a setback for Lambda-CDM. I like to believe that what can't be measured does not exist.

It's speculative but the gravitational phenomena could be generated by the earth's core, the most reliable atom smasher i'd say. The magnetic monopoles thought not to exist could be this.

Another discovery, which i believe is consistent with this, is that stars really have a size limit quite below than was predicted. This is also consistent with what Einstein said (before he developed general relativity): mass inside stars is converted into energy.

Regards

I have developed new tech based on old technology. This is a pneumatic motor and an electromagnetic bearing. No friction, no heat, no pollution. Imagine that. If I could do it, why not those with millions in research funds and PhD's. Oil companies say no. I will not be bought!!!