Prosthetics Culture: Rationalism

Abishai100

Modern culture is focused on networking efficiency (i.e., eTrade, Facebook, etc.). This orients our psychology towards traffic pattern sensitivity.

We are predisposed to understanding how things connect and are compatible for pedestrian traffic and mercantile relations (i.e., Wall Street). The way we sweat has literally changed.

American media is filled with movies and television shows about comic book superheroes such as Magneto (Marvel Comics), a mutant who can control magnetism, and Plastic Man (DC Comics), a mutant who can stretch since his body is comprised of plastic. These society avatars represent a new age fascination with body reach.

It is no surprise that psycho-somatic conditions of self-image such as obesity are modern age problems.

In this modern climate, the new psychological inquiry seems to be about appendage deterioration.

:ph34r:

Magnetism Sci-Fi

Psychology of Prosthetics

post-115123-0-63583100-1449517925_thumb.jpg

Yes, but both avatars were created after the invention of the Morse code, which impacted/affect the way civilization views transmission of information and hence reach of communications (which are a part of Internet mentality!).

In fact, other American comic book avatars such as Electro (Marvel Comics) symbolize this modern (albeit general) interest.

Morse Code

Electro

Electro-robot.jpg

Modern culture is focused on networking efficiency (i.e., eTrade, Facebook, etc.). This orients our psychology towards traffic pattern sensitivity.

Or, modern culture is focused on instant gratification. This orients our psychology towards short term goal setting.

Or, modern culture is focused on goal oriented behaviour (e.g. computer games, X-Factor, etc.). This orients our psychology towards the adoption of winning strategies.

Or, modern culture is focused on diversity. This orients our psychology towards extremism.

Or, .............

Each of these assertions, and more besides, are as defensible as your assertion. Why should we accept yours rather than one of these? In other words, what is your evidence?

We are predisposed to understanding how things connect and are compatible for pedestrian traffic and mercantile relations (i.e., Wall Street).

. . . . .and hunting and gathering and arable farming and stock rearing and manufacture and engineering and medicine and more, all because we are, indeed, predisposed to understanding how things connect.

The way we sweat has literally changed.

What? If this is a metaphor I don't understand it and you cannot insert "literally" into such a metaphor.

If is not a metaphor please provide a valid citation to support your claim.

Kisai has dealt elegantly with your appeal to American comics.

It is no surprise that psycho-somatic conditions of self-image such as obesity are modern age problems.

You don't imagine it has anything to do with the fact that obesity used to be rare? /sarcasm.

In this modern climate, the new psychological inquiry seems to be about appendage deterioration.

I sense you may be trying to make an interesting argument, however, it is lost in the array of unjustified and unjustifiable statements, presented in a disconnected manner and bearing no obvious relationship to your thread title. My predisposition to understand how things connect has been bludgeoned into unconsciousness by that approach.

Yes, but both avatars were created after the invention of the Morse code, which impacted/affect the way civilization views transmission of information and hence reach of communications (which are a part of Internet mentality!).

Yeah, right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_printing#Movable_type_.281040.29

Rather earlier than any of what's been mentioned.

Yes, but every super-hero was created after the invention of Morse code and transatlantic communication. However every super-hero does not share a power that allows them to extend their reach. Your theories are failing to exclude predictions.

Edited by kisai