International Corruption and Wealth - Mexico's breakpoint

AtomicMX

After making some interviews and getting info from some of my sources....

Mexico has the 2 wealthiest people of the world.

Carlos Slim is the 4th wealthiest man in the world, and everything thanks to an ex-pre.

of mexico Carlos Salinas that stole the whole country, so... if we do the math thinking that

Carlos Salinas gave the little pieces of bread to Carlos Slim and illicity get the Cake, and if

in facts Carlos Slim is the 4th welthiest man in the world, that makes probably Carlos Salinas the

Third, Second or Even the First Welthiest man in the world.

Bill Gates is the wealthiest man in the world, but Salinas is an International Corrupt and even

Gate's currencies are no match for this mop, for example one, just one narc in mexico once

anounced that if he was freed he would pay the Inpayable External (to US) debts. JESUS. think about it. Just one narc.

And Salinas is not just involved with narc, frauds, directly stole mexican reservs, international corruptions, US people are blind because the belive that after Castros Death they'll overtake cuba and make it democratic; Salinas lives in cuba, i suppose that he has already bought the whole country (of course underwater).

This is some sort presumssion... but... if something miss here and something appears there... well you do the math.

I heard that the corruption problem in Mexico was still bad but slowly improving under President Fox.

The defeat of the PRI in the last presidential elections should have broken some of the basis of government corruption with the old guard denied access to the patronage they previously controlled.

Is this not the case?

He may or may not be incompetent, but he is apparently less corrupt than his predecessor.

Having broken the stranglehold of the PRI over Mexican public life there should automatically be less cronyism and corruption.

Having broken the stranglehold of the PRI over Mexican public life there should automatically be less cronyism and corruption.

I'm not greatly versed on Mexican politics, but I really don't see

how that follows. It seems to me like saying that just because

Russia dropped communism Putin must be less authoritarian.

Cheers.

P.S. I have doubts that the organised crime in Mexico is feeling too much

of a squeeze as to the best of my knowledge no ones tried to kill him

lately. (Or perhaps I am too cynical)

I'm not greatly versed on Mexican politics' date=' but I really don't see

how that follows. It seems to me like saying that just because

Russia dropped communism Putin must be less authoritarian.[/quote']

When the PRI had a permanent hold on the levers of power in Mexico it resulted in a corrupt system of political patronage where the party controlled the economy and in order to function businessmen had to work with the party. Donations, bribes, cushy jobs.

With the PRI out of the Presidency this system of cronyism and patronage was seriously damaged. That combined with increase of foreign investment in Mexico related to NAFTA has helped to make Mexican business and politics more transparent.

On a slightly unrelated note, almost everyone would agree that Russia is less authoritarian under Putin than it was in the days of the USSR.

P.S. I have doubts that the organised crime in Mexico is feeling too much

of a squeeze as to the best of my knowledge no ones tried to kill him

lately. (Or perhaps I am too cynical)

We are not so much looking at organised crime but wide spread corruption. However, even so, the idea that organised crime would try to assasinate the President of Mexico because of his crackdown is probably far too cynical.

That sort of thing happens in bad novels, not reality. Organised crime bosses are interested in money, not unwinnable wars with governments.