The chimrea twin universe.

Sorcerer

Imagine a big bang that occurs forwards and backwards in time from the origin, much like the mirror universe model.

Now let's suppose both halves expand normally until later when they reach a critical point for selection as a stable half universe. One of the 2 halves fails, it begins to collapse backwards to the origin and deflate. In doing so like a balloon deflating it expelled some of its contents back through the origin (forward in time relative to the survivor).

This action directly causes inflation in the remaining more stable half universe, now the whole.

Some or all of the properties of the physical laws of the failed universe are also combined with the stable half, they are however now reversed in time. Same effects in reverse, so the deleterious rules add to our half. Dark energy and dark matter could be explained by a time reversed failed property of a mirror universe. If these physical properties were out of phase, since there is a causality paradox it could hide them from our instruments except for certain properties.

It can also explain the matter/antimatter asymmetry and perhaps lead to ways of modelling new grand unified theories. The laws of physics would be a chimera of 2 sets of laws. One from a more stable surviving twin coexisting with a time reversed out of phase failed twin.

Chimera?

Any chimera is a mythological Greek animal with the body of a lion head of a goat and the tail of a snake. The term is used to denote things with hybrid characteristics, it's a term used in genetics too, describing an organism with 2 cell lineages/sets of dna. In this case the chimera refers to the dual sets of physical laws one from the more stable twin and time reversed laws from the failed twin. Maybe I could name this the hybrid twin universe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)

Some good stuff for sci-fi.

Where specifically does it fail as a scientific possibility? Unecessesarily complex? Impossible? Edited by Sorcerer

Now i never said it was scientifically impossible, i was just giving you a compliment.

but since you asked

When you started moving backwards in time.

Yeah thanks, I understood the compliment. I'm also looking for criticism.

I guess it doesn't really make sense for the failed universe to blow back through the origin, it should just collapse at the point in space time where it fails.

But it leaves a good question open, does a mirror universe need necessarily be a perfect inverse of its twin.

Also since the conservation of matter and energy is a law in this universe, in order for half the whole which sums to 0 to collapse backwards to 0 both sides would need to go. But what happens to that matter and energy if only 1 side fails?

Also if backwards in time is forwards in time for the other twin, does changing the 4D direction actually violate the law of the universe we observe?

Yeah thanks, I understood the compliment. I'm also looking for criticism.

I guess it doesn't really make sense for the failed universe to blow back through the origin, it should just collapse at the point in space time where it fails.

But it leaves a good question open, does a mirror universe need necessarily be a perfect inverse of its twin.

Also since the conservation of matter and energy is a law in this universe, in order for half the whole which sums to 0 to collapse backwards to 0 both sides would need to go. But what happens to that matter and energy if only 1 side fails?

Also if backwards in time is forwards in time for the other twin, does changing the 4D direction actually violate the law of the universe we observe?

No, I don't think so. It would be a Universe that looks pretty much the same as ours. And it is not necessary to have failed. Nor is it necessary to be exactly the mirror image. THAT would violate our laws of physics. I think.

Chimera?

You should PM a moderator to correct the title. Edited by michel123456

Reading my OP I think I need to elaborate a bit. I wasn't very specific.

So, lets assume that there is a higher dimensional space, in that space is a field of probability, this field is simply potential, all parts of the field balance equal to nothing. This is the like "The universe from nothing" - Lawrence Krauss https://www.youtube....h?v=sbsGYRArH_w

In order to maintain the balance of the field when a universe is created it needs two parts which balance to 0. This is like "The Mirror Universe" - Sean Carrol http://www.pbs.org/w...runs-backwards/

The Chimera twin universe, like the mirror universe is also time symmetric. Each of these halves I refer to as twins (fraternal twins).

The physical laws and the energy and mass of the polar universes need not be identical, they must just cancel each other out. (So the balance of the higher dimension is maintained.)

When universes are created in this higher dimensional space, they can have different types of physical laws. The vast majority of universes laws are inconsistent with creating a stable universe with 3 dimensions of space and 1 of time. The vast majority of universes don't last very long, they pop into and out of existence, like virtual particles. Either we were extremely lucky or there was some kind of fine tuning involved which prevented our universe from returning to nothing.

In the Chimera universe both twins laws aren't sufficient to extend the duration of their existence very long. However before the chimera universe can pop out of existence, there is a collision between the two twins. One of the twins laws made it collapse sooner, the result of this assymetry is that the matter energy and even physical laws of that universe were forced back into ours (to maintain the balance of the field), at this point the big bang as we know it occurs, which prevents the universe popping out of existence.

All laws of physics need not be (but can be) time symmetrical. The laws of physics which would otherwise have caused collapse and non existence in one twin when moving in a forward direction of time are reversed when they interact with its sibling. Because it is a collapse back through the origin in time. The two sets of laws, combine to give us the universe we observe.

The laws of the twin which collapsed back in time run forward (its backwards) in time through its sibling, a set of laws which cause collapse in reverse cause expansion, this is inflation.

No, I don't think so. It would be a Universe that looks pretty much the same as ours. And it is not necessary to have failed. Nor is it necessary to be exactly the mirror image. THAT would violate our laws of physics. I think.

You should PM a moderator to correct the title.

Good spotting on the typo, damn that's annoying lol.

I expanded on my idea a bit, does my reasoning make any more sense now?

I'm still considering the effects of the failed twin moving backwards in time through its sibling. Antimatter can be said to be matter moving backwards in time. I am thinking of ways this might account for the matter/antimatter asymmetry.

I am also considering what this may mean for dark matter and energy, how the different twins laws may have created different intial conditions and different types of matter/energy.

I am wondering if one twins laws may be dominant over the others.

Edited by Sorcerer