New LaTeX Additions

Dave

• 1 year later...

So, in my quest to make LaTeX more useful on the forums, I stumbled upon the mhchem package. Basically, it allows you to very easily typeset chemical formuae and reactions. For example:

[ce]CO2 + C -> 2CO[/ce]

This looks great, and it's not complex either: to see the text I used to generate it, click on the image. Instead of using the [math] tag, we use the [ce] tag for chemical equations.

Also, you can put things above the line, like so:

[ce]CO2 + C ->[text{heat}] 2CO[/ce]

Here's a few more examples to whet your appetite:

[ce]CO2 + C <=> 2CO[/ce]

[ce]H+ + OH- <=>> H2O[/ce]

[ce]SO4^2- + Ba^2+ -> BaSO4 v[/ce]

If you want to typeset an individual molecule, such as [ce]H2SO4[/ce], the [ce] tag can handle it easily. You can do some of the following things as well:

[ce](NH4)2S[/ce]

[ce]NO3-[/ce]

Hope you find it useful; I'll post again in a little while.

[Important note: Some posts in this thread have LaTeX that does not display correctly. This is because they used the old method of displaying chemical equations. The new method, the [ce] tag, is now the only way that works.]

yes , it is great!

hi

you can put the formula easily by using mathdraw it have some basic feactures present in camdrwa, then you donot need to use structures draw in camdraw to put in you assignment or thesis. if you need further help dont hasitate

saadia

Edited by swansont
remove link