(UpDated)Clock hands radium paint...

Externet

I`m going to have to call this one out.

after talking to Atheist and performing other tests and looking at other possibilities, this Panic merchant post made in #4 is unfounded entirely!

I`ve smahed the Bi metal to expose the insides and still NO radiation after hours exposure, I`ve fused the Bi directly to the Am241 chip in the slug, and machined it down a little at a time (a few micron each time) until I`m back down to the chip again and half the slug is missing, there is Nothing abnormal going on at all!

it IS perfectly safe to have a radium painted watch and be around Bi metal!

it`s total BS to think otherwise!

Budllewaargh, you owe me a new Am241 Slug! :P

and the worst part is I was Really hoping this would actualy Work! it would be nice to add Astatine to my element collection.

I kind of wish I could get a sample of Po-209. It has a 100+ year half-life so it would be keepable as a sample in an element collection. In addition, the lack of gamma radiation means that it could be kept in a glass ampoule and put on display. However, the somewhat elevated decay energy and the process of electron capture and positron decay modes might make it tough to keep a sample at temperature that won't melt the glass. Still, if I had enough money it would be nice to have. :D