Old Microtome Cryo found - info

JneuroH

Does anyone have any information about this old cryostat we found? Our lab does neurological research and is willing to use it if salvageable. Pictures are below. What I have found so far is this ad (http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1021/ac60186a877), so this seems like a rather old piece of equipment. Has blades and all. Looking for an instruction manual really, but can't seem to locate one on the interweb. Any help is much appreciated!

post-112346-0-40204500-1434643927_thumb.jpg

post-112346-0-72196900-1434643936_thumb.jpg

Does it have a logo (cannot tell from the images). Typically the basic design has not changed fundamentally (mostly simplifying/prettying up controls/adding some stuff to make life easier). The easiest would be to grab a manual from a slightly later model of that company (though if it is really old it may have been bought up) and use that as a starting point.

Also if it is very old the compressor tends to give out, maybe check that one out first.

It is a harris cryostat made by International Equipment Co. Can't find squat online about this Model CT, just later harris models that aren't close to the style of this one. I'll check the compressor and see if it still works. Doubting that it will cool anymore, but I may be able to solve that problem with dry ice.

post-112346-0-81678100-1434645105_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...