How much does a neutron star's crust shift?

I'm under the impression that neutron stars are rather calm on their own. Their gravity and magnetic field is so intense that the crust is essentially locked into place and it is only rarely that there are sudden shifts that create starquakes. But, maybe not, I don't know. Is this true? Or are there hundreds of small quakes every second on a neutron star that would be similar to a constant 6.5 magnitude earthquake on Earth?

They do have quakes, those quakes release gamma radiation. The frequency of quakes is roughly 1 every decade or so in some stars examined.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starquake_(astrophysics)#Starquake

I'd really appreciate it if you read what I said. It is extremely apparent that I am familiar with that phenomena when you look at the fact that I addressed it by its proper name in the first post before yours, a "starquake." That's not remotely what I'm asking about. What I am asking about are smaller regular tremors which may shift the crust in small amounts without cracking it and releasing any bursts.

Edited by MWresearch

Well what do people actually know or theorize about such a phenomena? Am I right or am I wrong in my thinking? Are there many micro tremors like Earth quakes on Earth? Or is everything so locked into place than only an enormous fault can develop?

No prob, they were the better quality articles I was able to track down.

Judging from my search, I gathered that the primary study and data involves the GRB, star quake stability. So it may simply be not enough measurable data to determine other quake rates that don't lead to GRB's. Though it doesn't take a large quake value to cause a GRB. So in this your guess is as good as mine. Lol