Israel confirms settlement growth

Static

" Well...thanks for specifying."

it was implied

"If they have power, they were voted into it. That means they are not overrepresented. It's what the majority of the people wanted."

no chance for corruption or anything?

aardvark, i think i know roughly how the israeli political system works. you dont need to be condescending or anything.

in other news it appears we have differing opinions and i don't feel like spending time looking for articles, so it's pointless to continue debating considering the fact that there are no accepted facts

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was implied

How was it implied. Shouldn't I take it for granted that when you refer to "the election" you mean the most recent one?

no chance for corruption or anything?

I never said that. Just because a party is in power doesn't mean it's corrupt. Although I suppose the potential is there. Either way' date=' this post is not-related to the argument

in other news it appears we have differing opinions and i don't feel like spending time looking for articles, so it's pointless to continue debating considering the fact that there are no accepted facts

I think what you mean, is that you are not accepting the facts, because they don't support your opinion.

in other news it appears we have differing opinions and i don't feel like spending time looking for articles' date=' so it's pointless to continue debating considering the fact that there are no accepted facts[/quote']

You stated that Likud is overrepresented and that other parties are underrepresented.

I refered to facts that are clear and accepted to dispute your opinion. There are accepted facts, such as the number of seats Likud has in the Knesset and the number of seats other parties have.

We can agree to differ on matters of opinion but facts always trump opinions.

"How was it implied. Shouldn't I take it for granted that when you refer to "the election" you mean the most recent one?"

no, because i was referring to the lack of popular support of the republican party.

your statement, "just because a party is in power doesn't mean it's corrupt" does not address the issue i had previously brought up. i will make more clear the reasons for my skepticism:

it appeared to me that you were supporting the likud party completely, without question. the likud party does not enjoy particularly much support in israel, but great support in the united states. the voters in israel count, but the people in the united states do not. but still, somehow, the likud party remains in power.

What Israel is doing simply reinforces my belief that "the only true (international) "right" is the right of force, and the only true (international) "law" the law of the jungle[/b']"

This unfortunate attitude seems to be common amongst supporters and apologists for the Peoples Republic of China.

A tragedy that the heirs to such a noble civilisation should has debased themselves to such a level of barbarity.

the voters in israel count, but the people in the united states do not. but still, somehow, the likud party remains in power.

It's called democracy.

The Likud candidate for Prime Minister got more than 50% of the vote.

considering the fact that you didn't actually post statistics, i find your above statement to be anything but convincing

You make broad sweeping statements about Israeli politics but seem to consider it unnecessary to actually acquaint yourself with any actual facts.

For the record, at the last Israeli election for Prime Minister the results were

Ariel Sharon 1,698,077 62.39%

Ehud Barak 1,023,944 37.61%

Are these facts convincing enough for you or do you wish to continue in a state of ignorant prejudice?

considering the fact that you didn't actually post statistics, i find your above statement to be anything but convincing

Then do me the favor of explaining how the likud got into power without being supported by the people.

You've done a pretty good job of critizising Aardvark for not putting enough statistics, but you make claims that likud is in power, somehow other then being voted in, and yet do not provide any proof that this is the case.

If you want us to agree with you, then you have to make a convincing argument too.