Search Engines Hate Me

1veedo

Ok, so my site doesn't have very good uptime. And especially recently and in the next couple days...it has been and will be down for hours at a time as i configure the same /mnt.../ to each OS, install some, fix gentoo, and reinstall FC3, FreeBSD. Get each OS to say Operating System: XXX at my site...lots of work on my computer.

Anyway. Even when google indexes my site, it still puts me under a couple forums I post at. I know that when I had my domain, 1veedo.com, it was always the very first w/ "1veedo". Is it possible that having bad downtime effects how well google rates you? Or is it just because I have a secondary domain now? I dobt google would rate you on the location of you site. kindof like ad hoc in logic: the location of the material isnt going to effect the quality?

Google could at least keep the cache if the site isnt there. But no...it just puts you at the back.

Btw, is it possible to link a directery as a root /home/user/ so when you save files there, it goes to the specified location?

Search engines now also use Link Popularity to as a means for Ranking you. You need to get hundreds of people to add your link to their site. But make sure it is Relevant to yours, because they also go by Link Relevancy. So if all your links are on Sesame Street and Disney like sites it won't help. You will need hundreds if not Thousands to get your site to Rank Higher.