Facts about the Iraq war

TimeTraveler

Gee, how about I post some "facts" from rightwingnews, to balance things out.

Just curious if you read through the links, blike? Or did you just right it off because you thought it was a left wing site? And sure if you have a facts sheet from somewhere else that contradicts or counters these facts, post it, I would love to read it. I posted this for those who have a hard time keeping up with all that is going on.

If you're going to keep making new Iraq threads, please actually post something more than a link that could have easily gone in any of the countless other Iraq threads.

I apologize, it was late. I plan to start discussion about some of the material in the link.

Well I've read the site, and I'll say it: It is a left wing site. As far as I know (not having done any in-depth analysis), it's not deceptive (being a Nader product might have something to do with that -- he's a stickler for "screaming with accuracy"). But there's no question about its ideology, at least with regard to the Iraq war.

I think people should consider all the facts, and then make up their own minds. Ideologues, on the other hand, think people should consider all of THEIR facts, ignore other facts, and then think their way. I see little value in that, except to point out the line of demarkation between extremism and moderacy/centrism. (There's nothing funnier and sadder than a liberal screaming about free speech with one hand, and with the other hand trying to silence anybody who doesn't agree with him.)

In short, I guess I'm with Sayonara on this. I don't really mind people passing links along, but I'm more interested in what you think about that information.

Well I've read the site, and I'll say it: It is a left wing site. As far as I know (not having done any in-depth analysis), it's not deceptive (being a Nader product might have something to do with that -- he's a stickler for "screaming with accuracy"). But there's no question about its ideology, at least with regard to the Iraq war.

What is the definition of left wing and right wing? In my eyes the site seems to go against both wings and is more of a grassroots, unique, seperate ideology. I don't think its really fair to say because it goes against the Bush administration it is left wing. But I guess its all a matter of perception.

I think people should consider all the facts, and then make up their own minds. Ideologues, on the other hand, think people should consider all of THEIR facts, ignore other facts, and then think their way. I see little value in that, except to point out the line of demarkation between extremism and moderacy/centrism. (There's nothing funnier and sadder than a liberal screaming about free speech with one hand, and with the other hand trying to silence anybody who doesn't agree with him.)

I agree, consideration of all opinions and ideas and deciding for yourself what fits with your moral and personal beliefs is the honest thing to do, if for nobody else but yourself. The left wing - right wing division, and mud-slinging without considering the opinions or facts is very troublesome.

In short, I guess I'm with Sayonara on this. I don't really mind people passing links along, but I'm more interested in what you think about that information.

I did not think much of it as in the astronomy section you will find handfuls of threads saying nothing more than "Hey! Check out these pics (Link)". Or just yesterday there was a thread in the general section "I thought this was funny (Link)."

But in the future I will try to take more care to post information and thoughts along with a link, like I said it was late, i was tired but I wanted to get the link out there so people could absorb the information and reply to it, giving me a base to start discussion.

Don't let Sayo's obligatory (and welcome) Admin stuff put you off. You didn't commit any great sins as far as I can tell. :)

Oh no not at all! Sayo is a great admin. Blunt, and brutally honest with opinions at times, but that makes it more interesting.

The only reason I mentioned it was because I recall you starting various Iraq threads, and the theme seems to be the same in them all. It's not a major issue by any means ;)

Thanks Sayo. Dealing with the Iraq issue is something I think is very important especially now when I think some Americans are beggining to wake up (including myself) to what the world has been saying, and you yourself have been saying.