How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?

chemicalman

Im actually working on a pharmaceutical industry as a quality control analyst. Well, our lab. chief told me that "you should accelerate your lab. works."they said it Because Im not accustomed to this kind of work for more than 2 years. My chemistry 4 year background was at 2 years back.

I need your suggestions to improve my lab. practise in pharmaceutical quality control lab.

I have psychological focussing problem, also my hands accustomed to hard works (like carpenter, carrier) before.

Also Im not heedful, i always forget much more things when i do my work tasks..

Sounds like a organization and time management could be your issue. A few starters:

- Use a time management system or optimize the system you have got.

- Establish standard methods and workflows, document and organize them well. The goal is just to blindly down a workflow and end up with results without having to twiddle on things too much. Standardization will free up your mind as you can do things without having to think (and forget) about them.

- Look at your time management system, and put in the times when you run things. Develop the discipline to follow those time tables. If you do not manage to keep up, use your time table ti figure out where you screw up and adjust accordingly

- put in realistic expectations for time (figure in time to do analysis, write report, meetings etc.) see how it matches up with real work and figure out the bottlenecks.

- if you are forgetful, document everything. If you are better using your hands I recommend a notepad and pen on your body at all times. These are the equivalent of a utility knife

- In addition, set up a routine for everything as much as you can. E.g. plan ahead for weekly/monthly things like calibration maintenance and define regular times per day. Example, come in, start up instruments, load samples, program run, coffee/follow up paperwork and email, analyze data, lunch, start up next run, write report, etc.

Edited by CharonY