laws and crime

KHinfcube22

You suggest that i would have to pay the costs of treating the drug users or make the choice of deciding who to treat.

On the contary i would not pay for anyones treatment, let people make private arrangements, i see no reason why i should pay for other peoples stupidity, whether from boxing or taking drugs.

You ask if people who take drugs are stupid, the answer is yes.

To work from that that all stupid people take drugs is a logical nullity which i did not suggest, perhaps you have let your emotions cloud your reason in this matter.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Aardvark

You suggest that i would have to pay the costs of treating the drug users or make the choice of deciding who to treat.

Nope...you already are paying. That choice has been made for you. The decisions who or who not to treat are also being made for you.

On the contary i would not pay for anyones treatment, let people make private arrangements, i see no reason why i should pay for other peoples stupidity, whether from boxing or taking drugs.
Well, the possibility exists that at some point in the future, you might need them to pay for yours (you drink, don't you? or drive a car? or engage in any of the other risk-behaviours associated with modern living?).

You ask if people who take drugs are stupid, the answer is yes.
You must mean those buttheads such as Elizabeth Barrett Browning, George Sand, Noel Coward, Charlotte Bronte, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas De Quincy, Dr William Halstead, Dr Sigmund Freud...the real thickies.

To work from that that all stupid people take drugs is a logical nullity which i did not suggest, perhaps you have let your emotions cloud your reason in this matter.
My point here is that it is not true to say people who take drugs are stupid. This implies that intelligent people cannot do stupid things. The reason I say this, is because I get the impression that you think drug addicts are your stereotypical ghetto-bred down and outs, whereas in fact, they constitute only a small proportion of the addicted population. They just stand out more due to their attempts to fund their addicition.

Emotions? What use have I for such vacuous frivolities?:P

Originally posted by Glider

Nope...you already are paying. That choice has been made for you. The decisions who or who not to treat are also being made for you.

No he isn't.

He's lying on a sun-lounger with his laptop in one hand and a koala daquiri in the other, laughing his ass off because he can successfully bait you even from Australia :P

And he's probably not coming back so furious vengeance is pretty much futile.

Ho ho ho.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

A lot of druggies aren't stupid when they first take drugs, but eventually get dumb from drugs. What does this tell you about druggies?

Nothing at all. But it does tell us something about the effects of certain drugs.

Originally posed by Sayonara³

No he isn't.

He's lying on a sun-lounger with his laptop in one hand and a koala daquiri in the other, laughing his ass off because he can successfully bait you even from Australia

Well, I have to admit, he got me then. Although I must also admit to not getting the point either (especially as all interactions take place 'here', so physical location is not a factor) :scratch:.

In mitigation, it is one week from the end of the semester, and I have been working my arse off 7 days a week since last June...so I have to admit also to not getting the point of very much at all at the moment.....I used to have quite a good sense of humour too...*sigh*. Speaking of Aus, I really wish I was back in the pub at the bridge end of the Rocks market right now, sucking tequila and listening to Phil MacCool.

And he's probably not coming back so furious vengeance is pretty much futile.

Ho ho ho.

Furious vengance is not my way...for a start, I'm way too tired for that at the moment...and secondly, I gave it up after entering higher education. Once you've seen the inside of one cell (military and civilian...ok...two cells) due to a penchant for furious vengance, you've seen enough.