Question about double slit - split from what happens to particle after it's observed

Reaper79

First time poster, I don't have a scientific background but I understand enough of the theory to be curious about some of the assumptions made in the dual hole experiment. If you will allow my layman's brain to try and present them to you without revealing too much of my ignorance. I have some ideas and I would like a sounding board if that would be OK. If not please delete // move this post.

While watching an animated illustration of the dual slit experiment, and watching as the two narrow lines became an interference pattern, the narrator assumed the particles acted like waves, and could prove it to some extent with another illustration. This is the accepted scientific model and I'm not about to suggest I know better than any expert in the field. But I do have some questions, and I hope someone can answer them in layman's terms for me.

1st : When I watched the particle acting like a wave, something occurred to me, while the front of the pattern did resemble a wave, it also resembled bubbles... excuse me I don't know how else to describe it.... bubbles which intersected with each other. If what I imagine as bubbles travelling straight on a path toward a detector were the particles hit, until something acted on, like say a beam of light from a measuring device, and the act of measuring it caused it to coalesce (become) a particle.

My thought was what if these bubbles acted somehow like a plasma ball, you know the new age toy with plasma that reaches out to touch the point on the glass that your touching, These particles live mainly in a loose formation, existing in it's entire radius all the time, and only become solid particles when they are acted upon // measured. Before dismissing my question, please try to visualize the exchange of energies on a 3D scale, because to my mind the interference pattern would / should only appear at the same height as the particle emitter and not as vertical lines, but as horizontal dashes across the detector.

2nd attempting to build on that..flawed it may be... looking at the quantum leap of the electron on it's orbit around its parent nucleus, I visualize the same thing, the nucleus housing an electron field which is static until acted upon or measured and like the plasma ball, once measured, commits to one point for the period of time it is being measured and then returns to its former state. I realize there are specific frequencies or distances // orbits the electron will take on it's quantum leap, which I am still not clear on, I assume it may be a fraction or a degree of fractions of it's radius in relation to its nucleus.

I will just repeat myself, now before the onslaught begins, the only qualifications I hold are that of an interested observer, no degrees, no phd's, just a curious mind, but from what I can gather from various documentaries, I just want to put this idea forward to see if it can rule out time travelling particles and uncertainty. If there is any merit to this at all... it will also throw out the holographic universe.. wouldn't that be fun..

Thanks for feedback.

PS: I can't find any video which shows the dual slit experiment showing two solid lines (observed) suddenly creating an interference pattern, besides cartoons and illustrations, I would very much like to see the actual experiment being performed in full, lots of videos showing the interference pattern, but none showing the particles being observed.

Edited by Reaper79