Big book of industrial formulas...

Externet

Hi.

Once I browsed a ~400+ page book of formulas with the detailed procedures to manufacture hundreds of real generic commercial products, I remember was over $2000 and well worth them.

Examples: formula and process to make brake fluid, detergent, artificial pigment, fly-sticky paper, deodorant, chlorine for pools from seawater... all kinds of things... It is not a household remedies book.

Cannot remember the publisher, author, title.

Any clues ?

Thanks, Miguel

• 4 years later...

I did see the link and took a look at the book, but it wasn't the one I have seen in the past. It sounds like it was the one that the poster was looking for, however.

Hi.

It does not seem to be any of those in the links. I saw such USA printed book overseas around 1980 and had 'modern' formulas and detailed processes to manufacture real products. Still have not located it, but not searched thoroughly lately.

edited: added

Jene:

Try yourself with your techniques and clues you remember on scirus.com and ojose.com and come back with findings. Forget about google :eyebrow: and take your time fine-tuning the search.

Miguel (original poster)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

This seems to be the oldest edition (1914) of the book, readable on line

- thanks, ojose search engine! - :D :

http://www.archive.org/stream/henleystwentieth00hiscrich#page/n7/mode/2up

And I think I located the 1984 edition, going for it. Hope includes 'modern' stuff in it.

Its ISBN number is 0877810281

Miguel

Edited by Externet

I found the book I was looking for at Amazon. It is a book by an author named Hiscox and was published in 1934 and is currently out of print. The title of the book is "Henley's twentieth century book of formulas, processes and trade secrets: Containing ten thousand selected household, workshpe and scientific formulas...recipes, processes and money saving ideas."

That is the one in my link above, readable on-line. Published repeated times every few years and the last one seems to be in 1984, but I do not know if the last edition contains newer material.

Will find out soon.

Miguel