Non-Duality: You are experiencing the inside of your own mind

KenBrace

Fair enough. I read Kant differently. An a priori intuition is not a very substantial thing. But no matter.

I thought these days that physicists were happy to say that everything happens at once in a block universe. Iow, time and space are arbitrary, No? I'm not up to speed with this idea.

PeterJ,

Well, perhaps to address properly the thread question, one must already accept the duality, to witness the thing.

That is to say, that in a block universe, where everything is happening at once, the present has two separate, but related components. That which is happening now, everywhere, and the effects of such on everything else...later.

Consider that star three lightyears from here, and a cluster of galaxies 250 million lys from here. There is something happening now in both locations. The effects of such will not be felt here for three years in the one case and not for a quarter billion years in the other...but we are considering the meaning of the "new" spectral lines coming from the galaxy cluster "now".

It seems a dualist understanding is required, to properly hold the place in ones imagination.

Regards, TAR

We can make the proper transformations, but we can do nothing when it comes to understanding the universe, without consideration of space and time. Odd you should find so basic a pair of intuitions, so unrequired.