Universe and Human brain

It show almost no characteristics expected of a brain cell, other than being governed by certain forces and being composed of matter and energy. On that basis it is just as likely to be a giant heap of armadillo droppings.

could universe possibly be a giant brain cell?

Cells tend to do their interesting work at the cell membrane and the synapses with other cells. The universe is defined as everything; we cannot really postulate anything outside the universe. Thus the prime interaction space of a neuron (or really any cell) cannot exist; there is no known edge of the universe, no semi-permeable barrier is postulated at any edge, and there is no outside to interact with. The analogy lacks even in functional parallels.

Your post reminds me of Michio Kaku`s latest book-The Future of the Mind. I strongly recommend you to read his book. Then, all your doubts will be solved and terminated. This book emphasize on the mind and the universe. It relates mind or strictly speaking neuroscience, physics like quantum consciousness and the universe with the latest science technology like telepathy-a penny for your thought and telekinesis-mind controlling matter.

Her daughter is working in a hospital. She did learn something about neuroscience. As Kaku had stated, she did refer to her daughter and several experts in that relevant field. As I have stated, Kaku did discuss something about quantum consciousness and includes Schrodinger`s Cat problem.You don`t have to be so opposing in this context. Anyway, I like Schrodinger too.

Yes. Quite right. I'm too quick to argue. But I'm a cynic. I do not see learning about neuroscience as being equivalent to learning about consciousness.

Now I come to think of it, I wonder why we're talking on a thread that asks if the universe is a brain cell. The answer is no. It's not a teapot either.