Electrical conductivity of salt water

Guest anaoum

hello,

i am designing an experiment to see the relationship between the electrical conductivity of salt water and the temperature of the salt water.

can some one help me by giving a good and accurate way of measuring the conductivity.

thanks

you`ll need an Ameter, a peice of kit that allows you to read current flow, most good digital multi-meters have a current (Amps) setting on them.

put this in series with your power supply, and gently heat your salt water with a thermometer in the liquid.

then write down the meter reading for every degree C rise in temp. you can then use this data to plot a chart :)

if you repeat the experiment remember that salt greatly increases the electrical conductivity of water so add the same amount each time.

useful equation would be:

voltage = current x resistance

or

current = voltage/resistance

or

resistance = voltage/current

hello' date='

i am designing an experiment to see the relationship between the electrical conductivity of salt water and the temperature of the salt water.

can some one help me by giving a good and accurate way of measuring the conductivity.

thanks[/quote']

digital multimeter with temperature scale is the best solution.

a lower probability of making an ass of yourself for the sake of NOT reading it, and no points added for the fact you had to read it 5 times as that shows a lacking in cognitive and mental retention abilities, but hey, it`s you `puter and inet time :)

You don't actually have to do this experiment, conductivity at different temperatures (and concentrations) can be calculated using the Nernst Equation.

You dont "need" to do 99% of the things they make you do in school.