Daylight Savings time

Blike Suckz

As we approach the eve of the time change, one cant help but wonder the purpose of this seemingly unnessicary notion. We all seem to be doing just fine on the current time right? The Machavelian aspects of this, in context of political and agricultural benefits is obvious, but is it nessicary. I know its only a minor gripe and the adjustments become second nature within a week or so for most people. But this change is just a microcosim of some of the unorthadox practices here in the States. I would like to here others opinions on DST as well as other unorthadox practices here in the states.

We switched over a week ago in Britain and I really do wish they would leave it like this. The mornings are pretty bright and there's still decent sunlight until about 7:30pm. If we didn't change it back for winter it would make things a lot better :)

snowing or ice-ing

We had 1cm of solid ice and 3.8 inches of frozen snow here.

Making for four hours of hard shoveling.

For me the time change is novel, it changes nothing. Aside from being a little more tired and a little less tired one day per year, respectively.

Originally posted by Blike Suckz

The Machavelian aspects of this, in context of political and agricultural benefits is obvious........

Machiavellian ? How so? I don't remember any of tactics for gaining absolute power involving making people get up an hour early!

But this change is just a microcosm of some of the unorthadox practices here in the States. I would like to here others opinions on ST as well as other unorthadox practices here in the states.

Don't worry, it's not an unorthodox practice from the states it's an unorthodox practice from England. It was to increase production from farms during the 2nd World War (and annoy Swiss watch makers). The same reason keep's it around today, it benefits the gross national product.

Plus, apparently it helps prevent the poor little schoolchildren being squashed flat by cars on the way to school in the dark.