delivery of siRNAs across the blood brain barrier

anaw

Hi! my supervisor wants me to use exosomes in our model and I am trying to follow th methodof Nat. Protocols El-Andaloussi et al 2012 and Alvarez-Erviti Nat Biotech 2011 but I am not getting any silencing in the brain and I have just seen these comments in you tube and in this blog talking about fraud and saying that this papers should be retracted! who should I trust? does anybody know other protocol for brain delivery of siRNAs using exosomes? I am quite desperate! any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

That doesn't make sense. CRISPR is not a RNA delivey tool (and hence does not apply to OP at all). The linked paper actually explains the differences.

CRISPR/Cas9 is a RNA-guided endonuclease system. The advantage of using CRISPR over RNAi (exosomes) is that CRISPR can "turn off genes at the DNA level, creating a knockout." http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2016/05/10/crispr-or-rnai-which-gene-switch-is-better/

You are repeating words but do you know what they mean? What, for example is an exosome and what is the relationship specifically with RNAi? Have you checked the difference between silencing and knockout? And do you then understand why these are two unrelated mechanisms?

You are repeating words but do you know what they mean? What, for example is an exosome and what is the relationship specifically with RNAi? Have you checked the difference between silencing and knockout? And do you then understand why these are two unrelated mechanisms?

I understand that RNAi and CRISPR are systems for genome editing. Gene knockout occurs at the DNA level, while gene silencing is produced from enzymatic reactions.