ideas to measure CO, NO2 &/or NOx... from posible diesel fumes... in my car

inquisitive

Hello
I would like ideas... or contacts with very low cost products... that will give me a measure or indication to the possibility, of the presence (or not).... of diesel fumes within my car.

I would like to measure one or more of the main diesel chemical components found within fumes
CO, NO2, NOx

So far..... I have bought a CO detector from DIY store..... it seems to be basic, in having 30, 50, 100, 300 ppm.... and that is it.
Results so far = 0 most of the time and 30 occasionally.

There is an USA company that offers beermat size "pads" for NO2..... these tyrn yellow if NO2 present.... any UK equivelent... or other low cost method / ideas

Thanks for your time

The places that do MOT testing must have some sort of equipment for measuring those gases. They might be able to help you- not least because, if you have a leak from the exhaust to the passenger compartment, you are going to want to fix it , and they might want the business.

Thanks for thought John.
The car has been checked for leeks.... all sealed.
I need a methos of measuring to be in the car, so monitors over time.... small amounts long term (chronic) issues.

* last winter i got effected... over time.... by syptoms resembling fuming... but it soon went away or became less significant. occasional irritant.
* this winter (as is starting).... the same sypmtons are back

The main observation I made was that I near always drive with windows open..... but at and around the winters they are more closed.
So now I am "on it".... trying to identify and measure whatever I can inside the car.

It has a wierd (i think) exhaust design..... it finishes anout 30 - 40 cm short of the end of the car (vauxhal estate).... I have been told this is normal design... but I wonder it may be the cause for eccessive fumes to waft under and then in the vents.

So before I dump the car.... I'd like to take measurments inside.... as many as possible and for the main signatures of diesel exhaust fumes
So as mentioned (gained knowl.edge)... is for CO and NO2
..... just stuck on NO2 now

anyone figure a quick little experiment to carry around in the cockpit for a few hours at a time?
cheers

what you say is not untrue.

I have popped the post here as:

science = data points... more the better
chemistry = understanding of CO & NO2... any ideas of how to test for.

results so far with very limited CO is many "zeros" and one "30ppm"..... but the one reading (bad science) could be an error.... and also I think the CO detector just jumps across its 30, 50, 100, 300 vaues.... which could mean I have zero or 29ppm in the car... and the data would just read zero.

Anyone, any chemistry knowhow to get a test of sorts (quick n cheap would suffice) for CO or NO2
cheers