shutting down problem

mech-eng

hi all,my computer is shutting down by itself when working on its battery.But when i started it with cable it is ok.after five minutes I can

plug out the cable and can work on battery.what is the problem.Is it about the battery or i should reinstall my operating system?Do you

have any idea?Can it be related with registry?

Edited by mech-eng

Likely is a tired or undercharged battery. Do not speculate too far into registry or reinstall anything. Diagnose without guessings.

Somewhere in your operative system there is settings for what the computer should do when battery is low (shut down) and to read charge amount.

Leave the power cord overnight and evaluate if the running time is then longer. Five minutes will not recharge enough.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems really related.Battery is %70 charged and what is the meaning of tired battery?A few minutes a go I reinstalled windows and cable was out.when i tried,to install winrar it shut down.Can you give me more information.how can I handle it?

Should I buy a new battery?

A few minutes ago I changed some configurations about battery.It was %60 percent but It shut down and

also I saw that all led lamps was off.But when battery is pluged there must be an on-lamp musn't it?my operative system is windows 7,where can i find those configurations?

I hadn't said but there was also a boot problem.after installing some softwares especially ones for

x86 systems,my computer has booting problems.after 3 or 4 tryings it sometimes boots and sometimes

shuts down while booting.It also does it when only on cable and off battery?this seems unrelated with

battery.Can you help me please.

Can the problem be related with battery place(where we put it) or with the the laptop itself?

Edited by mech-eng