Ellen MacArthur has broken the round the world challange

atinymonkey

Wow,i could almost pinch myself.Thousands try this every week,she must be some sailor fighting off all those other sailors.

Get real its about as competative as the round the world air balloon race.Were second place inevitably goes to Richard Branson,on account only two entered.

Get real its about as competative as the round the world air balloon race.

It was not a competition, just like the ascent of Everest was not a competition. It's about pushing the boundaries of human achievement. It was a remarkably hard feat to both endure and to achieve. You may not appreciate it as such, but that's due to your ignorance.

It isnt ignorance,i just dont think its that great.Sure climbing Everest is a real achievement and rightly applauded.But her achievement is only considered good because shes female and small.I would say wow! if Ellen had to row,but in reality her only endurance was isolated loneliness,and sleep deprivation(single parents with handicapped children all over the country know this very well,now thats achievement).Her skills as a sailor are no greater than others who race competetively.

My point is in the first 13 paragraphs of this report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/sailing/4245147.stm

Im sorry we dont all agree with each other,i was only offering my opinion.

I suppose you could view it as a simple exercise. There is, however, a very high degree of risk involved in the attempt and a fair few have died in the process. Her skills as a sailor are far greater than most competetive sailors, as she's proven in the racing events.

Ho hum.