Did a Hyper-Black Hole Spawn the Universe?

Daedalus

Well, I finally found some good news regarding my theory of temporal uniformity.

When you begin to consider all the possible options, whether you believe in a big bang that was created as M theory proposes or any other theory, you have to consider black holes as the source for the big bang. I am working on the mathematics that shows the shape of the universe from the point of view of a spherical shaped singularity, based on the Schwarzschild radius, that exploded along an arbitrary spatial dimension simliar to gamma ray burts, quasars, and pulsars. This arbitrary spatial dimension is the axis of space we call time and the outer edge of the sphere to the center represents the length of the temporal segment. I have already worked out the mathematics that shows the field lines of each layer radiating away from the singularity.

It looks like "Niayesh Afshordi, an astrophysicist at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo, Canada" has done all the hard work for me. biggrin.png Although I relate time as being a result of ordinary motion, the model proposed seems to be the concept I was trying to model. There are a few discrepancies, but Niayesh Afshordi is refining his model.

In a paper posted last week on the arXiv preprint server1, Afshordi and his colleagues turn their attention to a proposal2 made in 2000 by a team including Gia Dvali, a physicist now at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, Germany. In that model, our three-dimensional (3D) Universe is a membrane, or brane, that floats through a ‘bulk universe’ that has four spatial dimensions.
Ashfordi's team realized that if the bulk universe contained its own four-dimensional (4D) stars, some of them could collapse, forming 4D black holes in the same way that massive stars in our Universe do: they explode as supernovae, violently ejecting their outer layers, while their inner layers collapse into a black hole.

In our Universe, a black hole is bounded by a spherical surface called an event horizon. Whereas in ordinary three-dimensional space it takes a two-dimensional object (a surface) to create a boundary inside a black hole, in the bulk universe the event horizon of a 4D black hole would be a 3D object — a shape called a hypersphere. When Afshordi’s team modelled the death of a 4D star, they found that the ejected material would form a 3D brane surrounding that 3D event horizon, and slowly expand.

The authors postulate that the 3D Universe we live in might be just such a brane — and that we detect the brane’s growth as cosmic expansion. “Astronomers measured that expansion and extrapolated back that the Universe must have begun with a Big Bang — but that is just a mirage,” says Afshordi.

Of course, this doesn't give credence to my theory, but it's finally nice to have someone professionally working on it evil.gif However, it does sadden me a little bit knowing the mathematics has been structured beyond what I have done, but I'll keep working on my model to see how it compares.

Edited by Daedalus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.