Need help identifying substance from symptoms

unhappytapper

For the past 2 years I have been poisoned from something in my house. It started off gradually with feelings of tiredness and muscle aches and escalated to such a degree that we actually had to leave our home. I suspect that it is a gas that is in the tap water because of several things that have occurred, though it may also be a chemical that settles into the water somehow. In addition, we had a new neighbor move in about a month ago and she immediately asked if there was something wrong with the plumbing. We've kept in contact after the move and she has developed many of the same symptoms that we have dealt with, mainly the headaches and bloody noses.

We have pursued testing of the water, air, and the drywall in the house but they have come up inconclusive. There are just so many possibilities and we do not know what to test for. Contacting the water company has been a complete dead end, they say that the water passes all of the EPA tests but I simply cannot believe it. We are at our wits end.

The reason I suspect that it is something in the tap water is because when this first started, I got a chlorine shower filter and I immediately felt more energetic and less tired after installing it. After several months, I started to feel ill again which prompted me to install a new filter. After a few months, I fell ill again and changed the shower filter for a third time, only it did not work this time. My family and I became so frustrated that we stopped showering at all and started to wash ourselves using store bought water. This made living in the house bearable, and worked for several months. However, even this strategy stopped working and I started getting some very strange symptoms. It eventually got the the point where we changed all of the plumbing in the house to new copper pipes, but this had no effect. It got so bad that now just walking through the house will make you ill for 2-4 days afterward, and after being the house for 1/2 an hour I was ill for almost a week.

I will describe my symptoms in the hope that it will help narrow down what this is. Some of the minor things are that my skin got very wrinkly, some of my hair turned white, I had a strange mettalic taste in my mouth and really bad insomnia. One of the first things that happened was the the bottoms of my free became excruciatingly painful, and I started to feel dizzy all the time, and like I was completely out of it. I then started to develop this horrific backpain, first during my period and then all the time. It was so painful I couldn't bend whatsoever. My periods became extremely heavy too, to the point where I would fill up my 1/2 oz menstrual cup 6-8 times in one day. I then started to have headaches every day, and to have these really terrible nightmares. The nightmares were really strange as before then I've only had 5-6 nightmares in my life. My insomnia got really bad, and I started to feel feverish and manic. At the end my vision become very blurry. What prompted us to leave the house was two symptoms that were not something we could deal with, I started to have difficulty breathing and had to go to the hospital. They had no idea what was wrong and were not helpful even in treatment, I spent all night in their waiting room. The second thing was that my mom and I both started having these unstoppable nosebleeds that would not heal. After leaving the house, we seemed to become ill from any of the things that had been in the house and we have had to get rid of 99% of our possessions.

We haven't lived in the house full time since the beginning of January, and we got rid of all our possessions and moved into a new house in mid-April. Since then most of my symptoms have cleared up, though we still get sick if we have to go back into the old house for some reason. The backpain is gone except for a week long reoccurrance that happened after I went into the house to retrieve some important things I'd been putting off getting. I was only in there for half an hour but it took 4 days to go away and a whole week to feel normal again. Even my vision came back a bit. I still feel too tired all of the time, and I have strange muscle aches. Also, I have these tiny little skin warts and skin tags all over. They're maybe a millimeter at the largest, and don't hurt or anything.

Does this sound like a particular compound? Is there anyone that I can talk to that can help identify this?=