i want to be a programmer,,,,,,,,,,, but how,,,,,,,,,, i have no knowledge,,,,,,,,

unipro4urs

My name is Farid Ahmed, age 26, Hons. in Physics from Jagannath University of Bangladesh, from the childhood my dream was one day i will become a real programmer,,,, but for family problem,, and environment problem,,,,, my dream remain dream. but now i have a pc,,,,,,, and a internet connection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i want to become a programmer,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Is there anybody,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?? who can help me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to make my dream real,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ........

Start with https://www.khanacademy.org/ "learn" computer science lessons.

There are many many resources on-line, you only need the patience and drive to learn.

There are free computer languages for you to download, and all the documentation you need.

Good luck. Ask questions here anytime, but there are other places to ask, too.

Get notepad++, it supports many languages and is easy to use. Also, try to learn a high level language first, and try to learn one that has a c syntax.

Low level languages like c++ or java are harder to learn, but they are more efficient and faster.

A high level language is usually easier to learn, but are slightly less efficient (though python is a high level language, but still very efficient).

Eventually you will have to learn a low level language if you want a serious job, but a high level language like python can help you start out. You also have to look at if you are more interested in web programming or desktop.

For web programming, definitely learn HTML first, then CSS. Then you can move onto a language like PHP or javascript.

For desktop programming, you start out with something like python, then move onto c++ or java.

http://www.codecademy.com/ is a good place to learn programming, https://www.khanacademy.org/ teaches a variation of javascript and I think he has a python section.

I am by no means a professional or even a very good programmer. Take my advice with a grain of salt. I just know a little bit of javascript and ruby, and this is just advice that others gave to me.

Good Luck! The key is to stay motivated!

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the basic principles of programming are:-

1/ don't specify a value unless you really have to.

2/ start by testing if a process or action is complete or finished.

3/ make procedures general and not bespoke.

4/ perhaps when tracing errors and bugs (there will be), laying traps and stops might be fruitful.