Network Security

cyberproxy

I'm sorry if this was the wrong category, but I just couldn't find one that fit.

Basically, let's say someone hacks your cable line. They can listen to your conversations you're having in your home through wires and however they managed to hacked audio devices. This is connected to cable, Internet. Would there be software, for example, that showed locks of anything or anyone doing so?

How can I track this down? For example, I have an app on my Android that displays everything AND EVERYONE connected to my wireless network and whoever tries accessing it.

That's my question. How can I monitor this, trace this, find some sort of logs at all? Software? If I encrypt my computer and put Linux on it (I'm very knowledgeable in Linux) would that protect it? Also this isn't happening to me, someone I know. Also, please don't mention ask the cable. I can do it with some guidance more than they can for free, when they'd charge like 4,000 or something.. Obviously not that high, like a couple hundred.

Also maybe could trace IPs and such

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this was the wrong category, but I just couldn't find one that fit.

Basically, let's say someone hacks your cable line. They can listen to your conversations you're having in your home through wires and however they managed to hacked audio devices. This is connected to cable, Internet. Would there be software, for example, that showed locks of anything or anyone doing so?

How can I track this down? For example, I have an app on my Android that displays everything AND EVERYONE connected to my wireless network and whoever tries accessing it.

That's my question. How can I monitor this, trace this, find some sort of logs at all? Software? If I encrypt my computer and put Linux on it (I'm very knowledgeable in Linux) would that protect it? Also this isn't happening to me, someone I know. Also, please don't mention ask the cable. I can do it with some guidance more than they can for free, when they'd charge like 4,000 or something.. Obviously not that high, like a couple hundred.

Also maybe could trace IPs and such

In Windows, you can open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and type "netstat -a" to see a complete list of all the connections to and from your computer. However, there are several programs that make connections. This is perfectly normal. You can type "netstat ?" to access the help for netstat. There are other options that might help you track down unwanted connections. Once you have an ip address you want to trace, type "tracert ip" and it will begin to trace through the hops that the connection went through. However, this information isn't really helpful for the average person. There are programs that will use tracert to trace the connections and display the hops on a map of the globe.