In the 'axis of evil' how evil is Cuba?

atinymonkey

I'm just wondering, as you do, about the 'axis of evil'tm that we now seem committed to looking into. Libya, Syria, Iran, Iraq and North Korea all seem to have legitimate reasoning behind seeing them as a threat. However, Colin Powell has admitted that Washington is not accusing Cuba of having biological weapons but of possessing the capability to conduct biological research. Is that not a bit tenuous?

Is Cuba a genuine threat to anyone, in reality? I just assumed it had turned into a nice holiday destination and the backdrop for bond films.

Isn't Somalia or Uganda a more legitimate focus of the worlds attention?

Originally posted by Sayonara³

"You had some anthrax we gave you once" is a bit tenuous, and look what happened to Iraq.

Cuba should be nervous.

Well. Now, as I see it, Cuba itself is only a "semi" axis. Now it they get the the Ruskies again, we could have a Semi Major Axis. However, as Neither Cuba or Russia have the means to blow their noses w/o US aid...I am not concerned.

Bill

I like that idea, 'the axis of semi evil'. Just a normal country with a bad reputation. France could join:) .

It doesn't really explain why Cuba has be included in the 6 countrys in the Axis of Evil. I have a suspition that its because of the grudge the US holds towards Cuba, or they want a reason to lift the ban on Cuban cigars.

Originally posted by atinymonkey

I like that idea, 'the axis of semi evil'. Just a normal country with a bad reputation. France could join:) . [...]

Just add every country. They all can be dangerous for the US's national security.