The more questionable US weapons

Tesseract

How is it complex? Terrorists are dangerous and they chose the way they live, and they are not protected. Complex? No.

Have you ever considered the possibility that most of the people who we label terrorists are people just like you and me who have chosen to join these terrorist groups as it is the only military organization in Iraq they can join to defend their country?

Yes the leaders of these groups are generally terrorists, the actions you see on T.V. represent a select few members of these organizations, but not all the followers of these groups are 'terrorists', or they might not have been until the occupation.

If the followers aren't "terrorists" then they won't be hurting people and blowing things up, so I don't see a problem.

We are hurting people and blowing things up, so why are we doing the greater good and they are terrorists?

There are terrorists in Iraq, the people who behead innocent civilians and suicide bombers are among them, but their numbers are very insignificant compared to the 200,000 people we are fighting against. I'm just saying if we mark all 200,000 people fighting against us as terrorists because it makes us feel better about what we are doing in Iraq than we are not facing the reality of the situation.

You said they are not fighting for a nation and we are fighting terrorists, But probably less than 1% of the people we are fighting in Iraq fall into the definition of 'terrorist'. Don't be fooled by the notion that the war is over against Saddam's regime. We are still very much fighting the Iraqi army, we are fighting civilians-turned soldiers, we are fighting civilians, we are fighting soldiers and civilians from other countries in the area and yes we are fighting terrorists. And they are fighting not only us but Iraqi's as well, it is a very complex situation.

You are completely missing the point. People in a terrorist group are not protected by any treaty.

It's fact not my opinion.

The US happens to be a country, and is therfore is protected (nice try though). The people fighting in Iraq, the ones who are part of the Iraq army have the protection of this treaty and others, and the terrorist groups do not (plz try to remember this)

I wasn't saying anything was right or wrong, I was merely stating who was and wasn't protected by certain treaties and you interprupted it wrong, many times.

How is it complex? Terrorists are dangerous and they chose the way they live, and they are not protected. Complex? No.

It's complex because the people we are killing are not all terrorists. We do not have carte blanche to label whomever we please as terrorists and then shoot them, and one could quite easily make the argument that the coalition is supporting an illegitimate rebel coup (and like we've never done that before).

You are completely missing the point. People in a terrorist group are not protected by any treaty.

In reality, they are protected by a great number of treaties, not in least by the Geneva Convention. Your ignorance of international law does not make for a convincing argument.

It's fact not my opinion.

No, it's your ignorance. You can tell this by your confusion over the Iraq insurgents and 'terrorists'.

The US happens to be a country, and is therfore is protected (nice try though). The people fighting in Iraq, the ones who are part of the Iraq army have the protection of this treaty and others, and the terrorist groups do not (plz try to remember this)

The Hauge convention covers nations at war, the US is not at war so by it's own rules, in 1985 the Judge Advocate General in the US defined the convention applicable to nations at war only, the convention does not apply to either side.

This discussion is silly, off topic and pointless.