Chemistry areas close to physics (Alternative power sources, new materials)

hakama

Hello,

I would like to continue my career in a perspective field of the chemistry science (master's degree and/or science institute/laboratory). I am looking for an area in chemistry (I have a bachelor's degree in that) which would have cross-points with physics – my passion. Which items/fields in the science of chemistry and new technologies would you recommend? Pure theory is not for me - my talent is in applying, inventing, new ideas, improvement > experimental and researching character.

I hold interest in the following areas:
1. Alternative power sources:
- methods of gaining, converting, storing and generating;

2. Phase conversion, thermal processes, specific chemical and physical effects (and their respective applications), processes and apparatuses, energy efficiency, green chemistry, recycling, space technology:
- knowledge of materials, thermal dynamics, bionics, mechanics, biotechnologies, etc.

2.1. Studying the properties of new materials, effects and their respective applications

Thank you

The future is uncertain, but many say nanotechnology is an upcoming field. How much chemistry is involved, I do not know. However, these videos seems relevant, but not much physics (sorry):

Edited by EdEarl

- Don't specialize too much. You'll have to change your activity half a dozen times in a career, as most people do. Learn as much as you can as long as this is relatively cheap and convenient!

- Get a scientific and technical culture as broad as possible. This is one basis of creativity.

- New energies for sure. Storage would be more useful than production, which is beginning to work now.

- Nanotech yes... One word for completely different things, so the first task is to distinguish them.

- Biotech! Love or hate it, but it's one predictable future, so one should learn biology...

- Every engineer or researcher needs as much knowledge as possible about materials, mechanical engineering and production, languages, maths, computers.