Home Work Help!!!

janaki

I really hope the whole exercise isn't to come up with a generalized formula, because I don't want to find out I may have done your whole assignment. Also, it's been years since I did any of this, so I'm probably way off.

You have height and acceleration (gravity). You could use the formula [latex]d = t_0 + 1/2at^2[/latex], where d would be h and a would be g, and solve for time. Then it's the simple matter of using the value of t in the formula [latex]v = at[/latex].

there are couple of ways to come up with answer.Try conservation of energy.it's a bet easy and quick .if you are familiar with calculus you can begun from the beginning definition of acceleration, velocity , this kind of thing

but really what grade are you?

Thank you for replay.

vt2 = v02 + 2ax

here, x=h, a=g

therefore, vt2= v02+2gh

vt =v0 + gt

therefore, t = vt + v0/ g

substituting vt2

t2 = vt2- v02/ g2

t2 = v0 + 2gh - v02

t2 = 2h / g

t = (2h/g)1/2

is it right ??

there are couple of ways to come up with answer.Try conservation of energy.it's a bet easy and quick .if you are familiar with calculus you can begun from the beginning definition of acceleration, velocity , this kind of thing
but really what grade are you?

I'm Studying at 8th standard

• 11 months later...