Reform in education

Our education must make big reform.The aim of reform must be to make geniuses.For me everybody has a talent and potential to be genius but the problem is how to find it.The problem is that pupil can not make proper decision what to learn in higher education.The problem is that good knowledge in nature science do not mean that the pupil will be good if the pupil learn nature science in higher education.Contrary i think that he can make big achievement in humanitarian science even the pupil have no idea of them.Having no idea of humanitarian science will make pupil more critical to what teachers will teach him.I say that pupil make wrong decisions learning what they think they are good at because being little their knowledge is smattering of.For that reason must be made tests with which if the pupil is good in nature science but having no idea of humanitarian science we must direct him toward humanitarian science and vice versa.

I do not know where you live, Georgi, but I agree with you about education reform Here in the USA, there are many problems with school systems, and they sometimes appear to be getting worse rather than better.

On the other hand, an educational revolution is occurring outside school systems, because the internet provides access to information. See TED Talks by Sugata Mitra and Salman Khan.

Sugata Mitra showed that children self organize into groups of about 30 to study when given only one computer and access to information...no teacher.

Salmon Khan started KhanAcademy.org, which is used by millions of students and tens of thousands of teachers.

And, many more things are being done. Who knows what will eventually happen?

• 2 months later...

We basically need to copy Finland's education system AKA better qualified teachers, the teachers are trusted to be autonomous, longer recesses (There is a reason children evolved the desire to play...), a more balanced curriculum , and NO standardized tests!

Although a few things I would add: Children should move through grades not based off age but ability. science classes should be split into 50% lectures and discussion and 50% experimentation and not "preplanned" experiments, but things more like "Hey look at this phenomena how do you think this is caused?" and then the children would design and test an experiment to figure it out (and they would be taught how to interpret data and to peer review each others conclusions, ect.) and thirdly foreign languages would be taught from an early age, maybe a choice of the 5 most common languages on earth so the parents won't feel as if they're having someone else's culture pushed onto them.

Edited by Icecreamcon3

One recent development in the US is online education for grades 3-12. Students must register in a private, charter, or state run online-school, and they are not limited to being in any particular location. Since all states provide free education for those grades, the state pay the online schools for educating students, which get approved books and other educational materials via snail mail. The school arranges for physical education, educational outings, and other school related activities. Certified teachers are assigned online classes and communicate via the internet with students and parents. It is not a panacea for educational problems, because someone must be at home with very young students, and it does not provide as much social interaction as regular classrooms. Nonetheless, it does seem to fill a niche.