The history never ends

I think that Francis Fukuyama theory for the end of History is not true.The history is made by those who rule the world.For example the assault on 11.09.2001 in America is indicative how is made world History.This terrorist act will occupy attention of politicians and ordinary people for years ahead.The history ia a string of crimes which governs the politics and human behaviour for years.Such events is wars,change of economic system.In that sense those who rule the world invent and organize these events to rule the people so History never ends.It will end when people will not need to be ruled but such system did not exist.

Fukuyama's proposal was based on a particular meaning of history. I believe he saw history not as a series of events and their related causes, but the story of the evolution of the structural elements of human society in general and our governmental systems in particular. In that sense, he saw the end of the cold war as victory for Western liberal democracy and the final step in the evolution of human society. Everything that was to happen after that was merely the dotting of i's and crossing of t's. This is a point of view that, despite 911, could be argued.

I have not read Francis Fukuyama , I have just listen about the end of the History.Western liberal democracy is not final step in the evolution of human society.

That is your opinion. Fukuyama held a contrary opinion.

In your OP you object to Fukuyama's end of history claim on the basis that events will continue to happen. I understand that you have now agreed that your initial objection was invalid. If you think Western liberal democracy s not the end point of human social evolution then it is logical to assert that history, as defined in this context by Fukuyama, has not ended.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy. Western liberal democracy as the end point of social evolution. What hubris. And how incredibly pessimistic.

Ghandi was once asked what he thought about western civilisation. 'Ah yes' he replied, 'that would be a good idea'.

Oh boy. Western liberal democracy as the end point of social evolution. What hubris. And how incredibly pessimistic.

Ghandi was once asked what he thought about western civilisation. 'Ah yes' he replied, 'that would be a good idea'.

Nevertheless, it is an argument that has been presented in depth, in a structured, logical manner. Throwing a few sound bites at it won't make it go away.

I think that Francis Fukuyama theory for the end of History is not true.The history is made by those who rule the world.For example the assault on 11.09.2001 in America is indicative how is made world History.This terrorist act will occupy attention of politicians and ordinary people for years ahead.The history ia a string of crimes which governs the politics and human behaviour for years.Such events is wars,change of economic system.In that sense those who rule the world invent and organize these events to rule the people so History never ends.It will end when people will not need to be ruled but such system did not exist.

A super volcanic eruption, the inevitable large object from space or that next and very soon ice age glacial period will, I believe, reset this timeline to or nearly at 0. These events are the true arbitrators of mans prospect for a future history of any kind. arc

The world has changed far more in the past 100 years than in any other century in history. The reason is not political or economic but technological technologies that flowed directly from advances in basic science.

Evolution has ensured that our brains just aren't equipped to visualise 11 dimensions directly. However, from a purely mathematical point of view it's just as easy to think in 11 dimensions, as it is to think in three or four.