Can we "actually" be smarter????

albertlee

If we can live as long as we want (ie, never age), while we learn, will learning stimulate some matter of our brain that we "actually" become smarter and smarter????

If not, is there a "boundary" of how smart we can be???

Human species revolution has a tendancy of becoming "smarter", why is that??

Albert

Sure there's a boundary. It's called our skulls. When the brain builds mass, it folds on itself. Albert Einstien brain is much more folded then the normal person. But, there must be a limit on how much the brain can fold. How much mass can our skulls contain.

Also, there is the problem of bloodflow. Doesn't almost half the blood go to our brains?? Humans won't be able to keep this up. Our brains would get to big...Our bodies wouldn't be able to support our brain. (I mean as individuals, not as a species)

good point, there would be a biological limitation in terms of what our bodies could handle. I think the question is difficult, mainly becuase we know so little about the brain; I think that the limitation stated by ecoli would be one of the few, but if it were overcome in some bizarre twist, that would be rather nice :)