Help! fusobacterium culturing !

abedj

hello everybody

i need a help on how to eliminate the growth of colon bacteria on sheep blood agar ?
i'm looking for fusobacterium that i have injected to mouse tail vien in colon tissue. the problem is that a lot of other bacteriaspecies grow up, inspite of the fact that i used thiamphenicol antibiotics in the culture plates.
i will be glad if anybody have an idea on how to eliminate this background bacteria. so i can culture only my "darling" Fuso !!!

thanks

Do I understand it correctly that you infected mice with fusobacteria and want to isolate them back from the colon? If so it is quite tricky. The simplest would probably use even more ABs (e.g. as being used in FSA agar). But it may also depend on what you want to do. If e.g. enumeration is the goal flow cytometry (somewhat tricky) or FISH may help you.

thank you

i tried to use more antibiotics but mice colon bacteria absolutely resistent. my goal is to culture the fusobacteria on agar plates alone so i can count the abundance of FUSO in colon tissue. i used RT-PCR for this purpose but i need another way.

thanks