I need help with releasing my program

Popcorn Sutton

If you guys decide to try this on your own computer, import pickle and pickle the knowledge and time variables so you can reload it later and continue to interact with what you already had.

It would also be cool if you guys shared the pickle file with me so I could integrate everyones conversations and share it. I'd like to see what happens. I plan on using the code in the most recent link I posted.

First a disclaimer: I am no expert at all... and I know nothing of the codeacademy.

I get the feeling that your script needs more and more time to calculate the next answer as it receives more input. And after 2-4 lines, the calculation time gets so long that the website (codeacademy) just pulls the plug, and gives an error message.

Still, let me congratulate you with getting that code online, and working! (What I am saying is: view this as a first success, and nothing less than that).

Yea it turns out that I do need a lot of storage, codecademy offers a measily 5mb or so. As you can see, the program needs to save two different variables, time and knowledge. This is going to require a lot of storage so Im looking into running my own server for the operation. Also, for the sake of efficiency, Im looking into ways of separating the variable for time to be more specialized to the subject of inquiry. I have no doubt about the potential of this program and the money to be made with it. If I only had the time to really get it done. Ive been working on it for so long, my patience is growing thin. Codecademy and other servers arent going to cut it. I need my own servers and memory. If you guys want to help getting this on the internet (find a way to do it), I will give you a share of the income. You shouldnt even have to think twice about helping. The program will learn ANY LANGUAGE. That means that there will be A LOT of users. Imagine if everyone had to pay $2 a month to use it. I could easily make $70 million a month if only .5% of the world used it. Seriously, can i get some help? All i need to know is how to run my code from my machine on the internet so people can use it.

I don't know, but it seems it's just not efficient enough yet. And apparently it's not only me who has that problem after a few inputs. If it can't even process 3 lines of text in a reasonable time, imagine what happens when you've talked to it for an hour.

You can probably get a cheap web host for a few bucks a month. Mine is around $11 a month, got 250 GB of space and 5 TB traffic a month, which should be plenty to start with. If you truly believe in your program that much, that's a cheap price to pay if you ask me. And you should be able to find one that suits your needs.

I havent found any reliable web hosts that will give me the type of storage I need. I literally need my own supercomputer, and I do not think it will be a problem getting that computer once I start billing people. Do you want to help? I will give you a share of the income. It seems like youre saying that you have experience, I could use some help.

Efficiency is not a problem, there are several things I can do to make the program more efficient. Using it on codecademy is A LOT less efficient than using it on your own computer with the Python GUI.