Immobilization of E. Coli

Guest xelsslk

Guest xelsslk

Could anyone suggest a substrate that is easily available for me to bind E. coli cells onto 96 well plates.

I am using a recombinant protein from Bacteriophage Lambda to detect E. coli.

Thanks alot for any help given.

"E. coli have a natural affinity for plastic. Shouldn't they attach themselves to the plates, without any other substrate?"

Let's not jump into rash conclusions here. For example, Michael Jackson seems to have a natural affinity for plastic too, yet he doesn't keep a plastic plate on his face (although I think he should).

Guest xelsslk

Hi there e. coli.

I would really be very interested about the protocol.

Would you mind passing me a simple one, maybe just right up here, on how to immobilize the cells, say from a cultured broth onto the 96 well plate?

Thanks alot for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
"E. coli have a natural affinity for plastic. Shouldn't they attach themselves to the plates' date=' without any other substrate?"

Let's not jump into rash conclusions here. For example, Michael Jackson seems to have a natural affinity for plastic too, yet he doesn't keep a plastic plate on his face (although I think he should).[/quote']

HAHAH damn man, this is funny.